cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Buying more data - does signing up for unlimited cancel the previous one off

RussWWFC
Investigator
Investigator

Hi. I've bought a data add on, but am burning through this super quick. If I buy the unlimited add on (recurring) - does this cancel the previous one off purchase? 

8 REPLIES 8
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@RussWWFC  No you’ll have to cancel that one 

mikeliuk
Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Hi @RussWWFC ,

According to the terms and conditions, it's not possible to have two Data Add-Ons simultaneously anyway so you should never be in the position of being double billed.

I do recall reading somewhere that adding a new one removes the old one but that may be outdated information, or something in the interface which has since been corrected to be more logical and user-friendly.

I see what you are aiming to do, you want the cost of the previous purchase to contribute instead to the cost of the more expensive purchase. I would recommend that you start an online chat to discuss this with the service provider before your first data add-on runs out, and they may be willing to help if you are persuasive.

The default method is that you run out first and then pay again. I think the Unlimited Data Pass would align with your allowance refresh so it would be better to buy that after the allowance refresh. If you have Reserve Data, you should probably try to hang on unless you are near the previous refresh and can benefit from unlimited data in the remaining time. Good luck!

And you can’t buy another add-on while you’re using one. So, there’ll be no unexpected bill

https://ee.co.uk/content/dam/ee-help/Termsandconditions/data-add-on-terms-jan-2021.pdf

https://ee.co.uk/help/help-new/billing-usage-and-top-up/add-ons/what-are-pay-monthly-add-ons

-- 
Contract SIM: Plan | Data | Usage | Check Status | Abroad | Chat | SMS | APN | PM
Wired: Check Speed | Test Socket | Faults | fast.com | speedtest.net

Thanks for your help, I went with the unlimited add on so I can browse without worry. Did DM EE on Twitter but 24 hours later, I'm still waiting for a response 

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @RussWWFC

Thanks for letting us know. 

Have you cancelled the existing add-on?

Leanne.

It was a one off, originally I didn't want to commit to the recurring add on but I've changed my mind now 

Leanne_T

I see @RussWWFC

Has this been added for you as a recurring add-on now? 

Leanne. 

Yes

Leanne_T

Perfect thanks @RussWWFC

Have a lovely weekend 🙂

Leanne.