cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Apple Watch 7 Delay…AGAIN

LottieLou1990
Contributor
Contributor

So the website for the 45 Starlight changed to usually dispatched within 7 days on 18/10. When I preordered it said 14 days. 14 days from 15/10 is today. Yet the website still says usually dispatched within 7 days. My estimated timeframe has gone from 12-16 November to Awaiting Confirmation AGAIN. Speak to different people who give completely different answers. Vodafone have had them in and still have them in for delivery next day so why are EE like this? All EE do is blame Apple. No one has a clue when they’ll be getting any yet I’ve asked them then why does the website STILL say usually 7 days for dispatch. I’ve got more chances of finding the Deathly Hallows right now than getting an Apple Watch 7 from EE. 

7 REPLIES 7
Northerner
Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi @LottieLou1990 

According to Apple their customers will receive deliveries between 26 Nov - 3 Dec. This implies there is just no stock and that Apple will prioritise its own customers. World supply chain issues are a real problem, that simple.

EE will send stock out when they manage to obtain devices.

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 0800 956 6000 from any other phone. You can call Freephone +44 800 079 8586 on Skype

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 10.30pm every day.

I work for a supply chain. Pay the drivers decent wages. That would be a good start. 

And I’m not complaining about Apple. I’m complaining about EE stating usually dispatched within 7 days when it clearly isn’t. If they changed the timeframe I’d completely understand. 

Hi @LottieLou1990 

You understand these are made abroad and SHIPPED to the UK? Not sure paying drivers helps.

Shipping is a problem worldwide.

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 0800 956 6000 from any other phone. You can call Freephone +44 800 079 8586 on Skype

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 10.30pm every day.

Yeah I get that too. You’re talking to me with a real attitude so please get that chip off your shoulder. I also said that everything for me wouldn’t be a problem if EE updated their website as it’s clear they’re not to be ‘usually dispatched within 7 days’

@LottieLou1990  It’s says usually dispatch within 7 days not that it will be dispatched in 7 days these are 2 totally different things.    

CMeadows
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

In the same boat and very frustrating (particularly as my old Apple Watch is no longer working).

It is not the supply issue that I take issue with so much, but the lack of communication. As OP says, the indications given are a bit misleading, but more so I find it poor that having originally been told I would have it on release day, there has not been a single email to say, "sorry, there are apply issues and your order is delayed, but don't worry we will have it with you as soon as we can..." or something along those lines.

If I hadn't searched these forums for news of why there are delays I would be none the wiser and just be assuming that my order had been forgotten, cancelled (they have done this before without telling me) or otherwise.