cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Activate new sim

CraigRussell
Investigator
Investigator

Hi

I have upgraded to a new phone and sim. While following the activation process I was asked to insert my old sim to receive a 6 digit pin code. The problem is, when I insert my old sim into my new phone there is no service.

How can I activate my new sim when I can’t receive the pin code?

Additional info: I have been out the country for several years, so my old sim has not been used in that time.

Screenshot:

859FB66C-CA4A-4FDC-9E13-E81F3C51BF68.png

5 REPLIES 5
Schockwave
Community Hero
Community Hero

Hello @CraigRussell ,

Welcome to the community,

If you have been out of the country for several years and not used your SIM card on pay as you go, then you will have lost that number and so that is why your number will not work.

Have you tried activating it here:

https://ee.co.uk/help/help-new/getting-started-and-upgrading/activate-a-new-sim/how-do-i-activate-an...

To contact EE customer service dial 150 from your mobile phone or ring customer service for free using Skype or another phone: +44 800 079 8586 or +44 800 956 6000.

Thanks for your quick response.

It wasn’t a Pay As You Go sim, it was a Sim Only plan.

Yes, I’ve followed that link which eventually led me to the page I added a screenshot of. That’s where I run into the problem.

@CraigRussell , I would suggest you ring customer service, they should be able to activate it for you.

To contact EE customer service dial 150 from your mobile phone or ring customer service for free using Skype or another phone: +44 800 079 8586 or +44 800 956 6000.

Will do

Thanks

@CraigRussell , you are welcome, good luck.