cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

4g mini wifi 50gb

Stevie691
Visitor

I recieved the mini wifi on Thursday set it up all fine , the wifi been OK I'm using it to work my amazon fire stick so i can watch tv and use mobile,  it's now came up saying no Internet on tv and mobile looks like I've used the quota, is there anything better than this 2 days of use and its done £35 a month for 2 days.  Anyone any idea's. 

2 REPLIES 2
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Stevie691   Are you watching in HD ? This will use data excessively.   Please have a look at THIS 

mikeliuk
Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

50 GB of data is not likely to be suitable for general streaming usage such as Amazon Prime Video, Netflix, or Disney+. Even the 200 GB contract I'm on will be pushing it as my monthly usage can be over 300 GB.

This being said, I think it's unlikely you could use up the full 50 GB in two days as that is almost eight times my usage rate of roughly 6 GB/day so I think it would be useful to keep an eye on your usage throughout the day to see what is responsible for most of your data usage (my watching of Amazon 4K UHD does not eat up data at that rate although I did manage 15 GB and 16 GB over a weekend so I guess I'm not that far off).

If you are within a 14 day cancellation period, it could make sense to cancel the 50 GB service and to find a more appropriate service provided by EE (e.g. 200 GB data or unlimited data).

-- 
Contract SIM: Plan | Data | Usage | Check Status | Abroad | Chat | SMS | APN | PM
Wired: Check Speed | Test Socket | Faults | fast.com | speedtest.net