cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

4G EE Wireless Router - how do I see data usage?

IanR3
Investigator
Investigator

Hi,

I have a B625-261 wireless router with 500 GB of data every month. We are currently using up the data and having to find alternatives at the end of the month.

I am trying to understand what is using the data. I have a number of PC's, tablets and a TV linking to the router. What I would like is usage per device, and if possible per program/app on each device. I believe the only way to get this is through the router unless I try to install different tracking devices on each PC/tablet etc.

Is there something on the router which allows me to do this? I have logged on using the admin account and I cannot find anything.

Thanks for any help anyone can give.

2 REPLIES 2
EssexBoyEE
Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

In a word no you can only get the overall monthly data usage if you choose to set up that option on the router

Windows PCs and laptops are pretty good at eating up data in the background especially for updates and security updates but my money would be on the streaming services for your TV it's what's eating all your data

How long have you had your plan if it's on contract which I assume it is you should be able to upgrade to a 5G unlimited plan for around 28 to £30 a month

Thanks for the suggestion. I’ll look into it.