cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

1168 message

Adgiddings
Investigator
Investigator

Hi, 

I received a message from 1168 saying I can get the unlimited data add-on for £5 a month. Usually £25. At the bottom it states that the next bill will be charged the full amount for this an next month's pass. Will the charge be 2x£5 or 2x£25?

Thanks

11 REPLIES 11
Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Adgiddings

Thanks for coming to the community.

Could you let me know what the full message says?

You can upload an image using the camera icon if this has no personal details in the message.

Speak soon 🙂

Leanne.

ive had the same message...itd be good to know as working from home and my Sky internets been temperamental. Thanks

Hi Sarah, get a monthly recurring Unlimited Data add-on for just £5 extra a month. Hurry, offer ends 3 October. Cancel any time. Standard price £25 p/m.

Reply YES to this message and we'll do the rest. Terms and fair use policy apply http://discover.ee.co.uk/P2l6N239 Please note, on your next bill you will be charged the full cost for this and next month's pass. Text STOP to 1221 to opt out of marketing.

Screenshot_20200828_122810_com.google.android.apps.messaging.jpg

Hi Leanne, 

The full message says

"Hi Andrew, get a monthly recurring Unlimited Dara add-on for just £5 extra a month. Hurry, offer ends 3 October. Cancel any time. Standard price £25 p/m

Reply YES to this message and we'll do the rest. Terms and fair use policy apply http://discover. Ee. Co. Uk/4843u2C6. Please note, on your next bill you will be charged the full cost for this and next month's pass. Text STOP to 1221 to opt out of marketing. "

Thanks

Sorry was supposed to say Data not Dara

I’ve received this text too and would like to know if it’s legit. Exact same word for word except name obvs

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi everyone.

This is a message from us.

I believe you will be charged the £5.00 for this month and also £5.00 for the month ahead, if you would like any further details please give us call on 150 and our Mobile Care team can get this looked into for you 🙂

Leanne.

Hi Leanne,

I received this message a while ago and it’s still valid. I just called customer service and they advised it is not from EE. But you have stated it is? Clarity is paramount with this as we don’t want to be scammed. What assurances can we take that EE is saying Yes & No to this question?

Hey, it is a genuine text. I have now got unlimited data. Charged 10 pounds for the first month and now 5 pounds going forwards. I hope this helps. 

Sarah