cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

taking out my ee sim from iphone to andriod and back again

miku3
Visitor

i want to create a wifi connection to update my apple watch and the only internet i have is my ee mobile data and using my iphone as a hotspot

thing is my iphone and watch need to be on the same wifi connection and the update has to be from my iphone that’s paired to the watch

i have an old android huewai 2019 i haven’t used in ages and i’m updating it at the moment

the way around the update issue was to remove my EE sim from my iphone and insert it into my android, then from there create a hotspot for my iphone and watch to connect to, once update is complete to reinsert my sim into my iphone and continue using my phone as normal

is there any reason i should not do this?

i’m worried about getting locked out my data plan or either phone ect, i’ve been googling this method and i can’t confirm there won’t be an issue, can anyone here let me know if it’s as simple as switching back and forth?

1 REPLY 1
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

None at all! You put a SIM in any device. The plan is on the SIM, not the device.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)