cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ipad and new sim -

debhutch111
Explorer

I have successfully added my sim - i can see the number on plan in settings but trying to add device to myee account and it says it sent a verification code yet I receive  nothing.   I also try to add the number as a trusted device and it says input verification code sent and yet nothing.

5 REPLIES 5
Captgeneralmark
Prodigious Contributor
Prodigious Contributor

@debhutch111  If the verification code is being sent to your iPad, you’ll never get it. The reason being that SMS texts are sent using the voice channels, which iPads don’t have. Apple’s iMessages use the data channel.

The iPad needs a data-only SIM. 
You could always put the SIM into a phone, and do any activation/registration there.

thank you

all data apps are working ok - i did a 'chat help' and its seems ok

@debhutch111   iPads can not receive text messages and you are being sent the verification code by text.   Can you put the iPad sim in a phone ? 

In order to receive normal text messages on the IPad, you need to go into settings on your IPhone and make sure that in messages you have text forwarding enabled for your IPad, then you should receive and send non IMessage text on your IPad.

To contact EE customer service dial 150 from your mobile phone or ring customer service for free using Skype or another phone: +44 800 079 8586 or +44 800 956 6000.