cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone stolen and sim not working in new phone I’m in Ecuador help

Stephenb000
Explorer

iPhone stolen and UK sim not working in new phone only have a local SIM  I’m in Ecuador help? Can EE ring me on +xxxxxxxxxxxxx

stephen

[Mod edit: Please do not share personal details as your posts are visible to the public. Thanks!]

7 REPLIES 7
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Stephenb000  No one will call you this is a public forum not customer services.  

Where did you get this replacement device from ?   The EE sim you are using in this device where was that from ?     If this new sim was posted out to you was it activated in the UK first before being sent to you ?  You can’t activate a sim on a roaming network. 

Schockwave
Community Hero
Community Hero

@Stephenb000 , if you have something like Skype, you may be able to ring customer service for free:

+448000798586

I would make sure that you log-in to your Apple account and see if you can delete and reset your stolen IPhone, so that your details, passwords etc are not used by someone to hack or steal anything from you etc, you may be able to block it and also see where it has ended up with any luck.

@Chris_B  is right, EE will not contact you, it is up to you to do so and if your EE SIM card has not been activated in the UK, then it will not work abroad, if pay as you go, you first have to make a chargeable call or send a text in the UK first, you also need credit to use it when roaming.

To contact EE customer service dial 150 from your mobile phone or ring customer service for free using Skype or another phone: +44 800 079 8586 or +44 800 956 6000.

Hi Chris I’m using an iPhone I bought here in Ecuador and using a local sim. My UK is coming up invalid which is a real pain. Can’t log into anything as they want to send verification codes to my UK number. I’m stuffed…

@Stephenb000 , did you use your SIM card in the UK first and how long ago? If you did not use it before going abroad, then it will not be active and you will not get any verification code, as you need to be in the UK to do this, not a pain, as SIM cards cannot be activated when abroad, as this has to be done in the UK first, as I have written above, EE is a UK network, and like all UK networks, need activating here in the UK first.

To contact EE customer service dial 150 from your mobile phone or ring customer service for free using Skype or another phone: +44 800 079 8586 or +44 800 956 6000.

Hi Shickwave a good idea but apple want me to sign into my Skype account and send me a verification code same with viber. I can’t find a number to phone apple as they may be able to help me past that barrier. Yahoo and Google forget it no phone numbers 

Hi shockwave yes always used my sim in UK

@Stephenb000  It’s saying it’s invalid because the device isn’t network unlocked.    What iPhone model is it ?  If you go to settings>general>about and scroll down to NETWORK PROVIDER LOCK does it say NO SIM REGISTRATIONS ?  if it says this it’s network unlocked if it say something else it’s network locked so the EE sim will not work.  The device needs to be unlocked by the network it’s connected too.