cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My iPhone 15 pro max was stolen and I have reported it to ee to block the phone

Janeeric
Explorer

My iPhone 15 Pro max was stolen and I have reported it to ee can whoever stolen it still be able to use it on calls or WiFi connection? Please thanks 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@Janeeric  If it was password protected then no they can not use it.   They’ll need your passcode to gain access to it.    If it wasn’t passcode protected I highly recommend you change your passwords for all the apps you had on the device.   

You also need to use to login to your iCloud account on a PC/Mac and go to find my you might be able to find the device as find my is enabled by default.  You can also mark the device as lost.  
 Please see THIS 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Janeeric
Explorer

My iPhone 15 Pro max was stolen and I have reported it to ee to block the phone..  can whoever stolen it still be able to use it on calls or WiFi connection? Please thanks 

XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Janeeric : They will be able to use it over WiFi but not over the mobile network if EE blocked it.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

@Janeeric  If it was password protected then no they can not use it.   They’ll need your passcode to gain access to it.    If it wasn’t passcode protected I highly recommend you change your passwords for all the apps you had on the device.   

You also need to use to login to your iCloud account on a PC/Mac and go to find my you might be able to find the device as find my is enabled by default.  You can also mark the device as lost.  
 Please see THIS 

Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Hello @Janeeric

Welcome to the community. 

If your SIM has been suspended and the phone has been blacklisted the phone will not be able to be used. 

Katie

uvarvu
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Whatever you do, DON’T deregister your Apple ID from that phone.   That way it will remain a paperweight.  Sure, it can still be broken down into parts but at least the value won’t be as high.