cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi-Caling

Okowielki
Investigator
Investigator

HI Can anyone tell me how to activate Wifi-Caling on iPhone, go to: Setting > Mobile Data > Wi-fi Caling activates on Is there something else that needs to be turned on somewhere on the phone for Wifi-calling to work? the service cannot be activated in any way, even though it is connected to home Wi-Fi and there is no coverage from the GSM EE (BTS) network

EE prepaid sim card,

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Okowielki 

Our What is pay as you go and flex hibernation, and how do I stop it? article has full details on hibernation and how to make sure the number stays active 🙂

Leanne.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Leanne_T

Hi @Okowielki 

Thanks for coming here. 

If this is not working after activating WiFi Calling in your mobile data settings, please call us on 150 and the team can check your account is set up for WiFi Calling 🙂

Leanne.

Okowielki
Investigator
Investigator

Can I verify whether Wi-Fi Calling can be activated on a prepaid card

@Okowielki  Yes it can. 

Okowielki
Investigator
Investigator

I don't understand this.

I have a limited understanding of English, so I asked someone else for help (and had to pay for their service). This person called the EE support department at phone number 150. Today, the lady there informed us that the WiFi Calling service cannot be activated on a prepaid number.

Katie_B

Hi @Okowielki

WiFi Calling is available to anyone with EE who have a compatible device.

Katie

Okowielki
Investigator
Investigator

Thank you very much for the information about WiFi Calling

I have one more question. How long is the prepaid card active? I read that the account should be active with the number for about 9 months after topping up for 5 pounds, but I also saw information that it's necessary to make a call with a break no longer than 90 days to avoid losing the phone number.

Leanne_T

Hi @Okowielki 

Our What is pay as you go and flex hibernation, and how do I stop it? article has full details on hibernation and how to make sure the number stays active 🙂

Leanne.