cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrading iPhone 14 Pro Max to 15 Pro Max with trade in - seems expensive!

wellyftw
Visitor

Hey all,

Been looking at upgrading my iPhone 14 Pro Max to the 15 Pro Max and so looked into how much of a saving I would get with a trade in. Something doesn't seem right.

The upgrade plan for unlimited data comes in at £102 monthly for 24 months, which works out at £2448 over the course of the contract period.

Alternatively I can get a new contract and keep my old 14 Pro Max with the same unlimited data 24 month contract for £39.00 a month plus 36 monthly payments of £41.33. This works out at £936 for the 24 month contract and £1487.88 for the 36 monthly payments for the phone, in total £2423.88 - plus there's a £30 up front charge. So actually a total of £2453.88 - £5.88 more.

Am I missing something here? I could also trade in my phone to EE themselves and get £664, which reduces the cost of getting a new contract 15 Pro Max down to £1789.88

Why is upgrading so expensive? Why can I get a new phone contract and trade in my old phone and save £658.12? I feel like I'm missing something.

Cheers!

1 REPLY 1
James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @wellyftw,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

If you'd like to discuss your personal upgrade options in detail, please get in touch with our upgrades team on 150.

They'll be happy to help.

James