cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade

Clarinet1975
Investigator
Investigator

I’m eligible to upgrade now and have chosen a plan and an upgraded phone and have a 2 year old Apple iPhone 11 Pro Max to trade in which is good as new. No cracks to the glass and the software always upgraded and have always been protected by a leather flip case

what I don’t understand is why you would want to pay anything upfront, as E.E. stated that I was eligible for an upgrade and also the plan that I have chosen there are add-ons apparently worth £400 but how long are they free for?  Are they only free for 6 months and then I would have to then pay each add-on’s specific monthly cost which can be extremely expensive and have been caught out on this before and had to fight to get a refund, as it never stated that they were only free for 6 months and even 1/2 of them were not free ad-ons, right from the very beginning, so what I’m wanting to know can that option be removed from the plan as I most certainly don’t want to be caught out like this before. Also it states choose your plan today and get your new upgrade today but doesn’t mention at that point anything about trading in my initial Apple iPhone 11 Pro Max, in complete perfect condition, with the original box, ear plugs and a fast charger device. Would appreciate it if anyone would be able to assist me with this please?  Thanks. 

2 REPLIES 2
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Clarinet1975  if they are smart benefits then they remain while you have that contract.  They don’t get removed after a set period of time they stay until you upgrade again.      Sounds like you are previously chose add-ons and these are different to smart benefits. 

Any upfront cost has to be paid as the tariff alone doesn’t cover the cost of the device.    An upgrade doesn’t mean you get the phone for nothing unless the tariff covers the whole cost of the device and tariff over the term of that contract. 
If you want to trade in you only trade in the phone not the charger, box and especially the earbuds.  
It might be worth you calling customer services about any concerns you have and how you can trade in your current device,      Have a look at THIS 

Re your email

Please kindly just leave me completely alone as I am no longer interested in anything to do with EE subscriptions or add-ons

Sent from my iPhone