cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to Login to my account and I am overseas and cannot access the network

Rogerglobal2
Investigator
Investigator

Prior to leaving for an overseas trip I attempted to Login to my account and as has been the case for some months the Login doesn't work - stating a network error. I then attempted to contact you Bank Holiday Monday  however you were closed and so I had to leave the Country without resolving this. I have arrived in Egypt and I cannot gain access to any network. I contacted the SME business support and after 45 minutes I spoke with a chap who transferred me to technical support were not able to help because they wanted to send a code for security to my phone ..........as I pointed out my phone is not registered on a network so I can only receive WhatsApp messages via WiFi - SME Business Unit does not have this access. So here I am overseas and the only time my phone will work is when I am logged into WiFi ..........the phone still doesn't work of course. The answer from EE at present is we'll resolve when you are back in the UK. I need this resolved now please. 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Rogerglobal2  You’ll need to call customer services from a different phone,  as for not being able to logon to your account you’ll have to speak with customer services to request an account reset.    Even via your account you can not enable roaming this is done by texting ROAM to 150 when in the UK or by speaking with customers service. 

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Rogerglobal2  You’ll need to call customer services from a different phone,  as for not being able to logon to your account you’ll have to speak with customer services to request an account reset.    Even via your account you can not enable roaming this is done by texting ROAM to 150 when in the UK or by speaking with customers service. 

Northerner
Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi @Rogerglobal2 

You should have sorted this issue out before leaving it to last minute if you have had problems for months. 

You can use Skype over wifi and the number in my signature to contact EE but if you need a code. Do you have the same issue via the EE app and website.

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 0800 956 6000 from any other phone. You can call Freephone +44 800 079 8586 on Skype

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 10.30pm every day.
bristolian
Legend
Legend

Problems left unresolved always have a habit of biting you when it's less convenient!

If your phone is on a business account, the process may differ slightly. Sometimes CS send an OTP via SMS as part of the verification process, but you may be able to do this via other means if you explain to the agent. You could then pass account security, request roaming is activated.

If not, then unfortunately you are now in catch-22 and will only be able to resolve this on your return to EE's home network.

Rogerglobal2
Investigator
Investigator

Prior to leaving for an overseas trip I attempted to Login to my account and as has been the case for some months the Login doesn't work - stating a network error. I then attempted to contact you Bank Holiday Monday  however you were closed and so I had to leave the Country without resolving this. I have arrived in Egypt and I cannot gain access to any network. I contacted the SME business support and after 45 minutes I spoke with a chap who transferred me to technical support were not able to help because they wanted to send a code for security to my phone ..........as I pointed out my phone is not registered on a network so I can only receive WhatsApp messages via WiFi - SME Business Unit does not have this access. So here I am overseas and the only time my phone will work is when I am logged into WiFi ..........the phone still doesn't work of course. The answer from EE at present is we'll resolve when you are back in the UK. I need this resolved now please. 

And yes I phoned from a Landline overseas and the connection could not be made. I waited 45 minutes for my call to be answered I was then transferred to technical support who could not help without me responding to a text message that I could not receive on my phone. There was it would seem no other method of verification. To be honest I have wasted so many man hours both in the UK and overseas that I fear that I must seek out an alternative service provider. The cost of my time and the absence of a resolution is not satisfactory. 

And yes I phoned from a Landline overseas and the connection could not be made. I waited 45 minutes for my call to be answered I was then transferred to technical support who could not help without me responding to a text message that I could not receive on my phone. There was it would seem no other method of verification. To be honest I have wasted so many man hours both in the UK and overseas that I fear that I must seek out an alternative service provider. The cost of my time and the absence of a resolution is not satisfactory. 

Very smart to say that you should have sorted beforehand but when the answering service takes 45 minutes + time is money and at a premium. 

Oh and EE is not open every day.........they were closed Bank Holiday Monday. 

The Login problem is not of my making and I have been told on numerous occasions that they are working on it!! I don't expect to manage the resolution that is for EE to manage that's why I pay them. 

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi there @Rogerglobal2 

I am very sorry this has happened. 

To get your account looked into and see if there is anything else the team can try to help you get set up without the text, please get back in touch with our business team. 

Leanne.

You have two separate issues. Your account login is one, the lack of roaming is a different issue.

Every help page I'm aware of, publishes the advice to check this is enabled prior to leaving the UK - there's no requirement to contact EE CS to do so. It can be done by texting ROAMING to 150 prior to travelling.

Travelling abroad without roaming being enabled does cause a catch-22 situation of not having roaming enabled. All UK MNO's have their own processes for enabling international roaming, but all require an opt-in to some degree.