cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roaming abroad

Tams2462
Investigator
Investigator

I am currently in America. I bought the roaming pass so I can use my data but I received a message from EE saying I need to buy roaming data to be able to use my phone abroad. When I look at the EE app it says I have a roaming pass attached to my phone  but when I click on the link on the message received from EE it states that I have zero roaming data attached to my account. What do I do?

7 REPLIES 7
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Tams2462   Has your billing cycle started again since you’ve been there ?  

Did you also enable roaming on your EE account before you left the UK ? 

I got a message saying 

“Great, your phone is now set up to be used for roaming in any country.

For hints and tips on using your phone while abroad visit https://ee.co.uk/help/help-new/roaming-and-international” 

So I think so 

@Tams2462   If you text BLANCE to 150 what does it return. 

Your current charges to go onto your next bill are £0.00 (this excludes line rental, VAT & any unprocessed charges).

Your current allowances are: Unlimited minutes while in the EU & selected ROW countries, Unlimited minutes while in the EU & selected ROW countries, Unlimited UK minutes and Unlimited UK texts.

it says 

You have 102.0GB remaining of your 102.0GB data allowance.

This will refresh 02 Sep 2023.

You have used 0Bytes of free data this billing period, Reply FREE USAGE to see a full breakdown.

For a summary of your recent invoices and payments reply BILL or for info on our other Text Services, reply HELP or go to ee.co.uk/text150

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Tams2462 

Can you access data at all or are you taken to to the purchase an add-on page? 

Can you make calls and send texts? 

Leanne 🙂

It takes me straight to the add on page, I cannot make texts or calls 

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Thanks @Tams2462 

This sounds like roaming is not set up for you on the account to use the roaming add-on. 

To check this and get this resolved you would need to call us from any other phone on +44 7953966250 and the team will be happy to help. 

Leanne.