cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

People can't hear me properly on calls & 4G issues

bryonyvk
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

For several days now when I ring people, or they ring me, they can't hear me properly on the call but I can usually hear them (although sometimes it does cut out). People have described the audio as garbled or only picking up every few words. This has caused me issues with an important medical call today. For some reason this isn't an issue when my husband calls me and he is having no issues himself and is also on EE.

I am also having 4G internet issues. When I have WiFi off and 4G on (no 5G in my area yet), my connection keeps dropping out (the same is actually happening on the WiFi too). I've had this 4G issue for several days too, but all the coverage checkers for my area say no problem and my husband has no issues with his coverage. 

I have an iPhone 13 Mini. I've tried re-setting it and was able to have a call for 2 minutes and then the audio issues started up again, so it seems like a connectivity issue ?? I've tried what troubleshoot guides I can find online but nothing has worked. 

27 REPLIES 27
alca
Investigator
Investigator

Yes - same for me.. for the last few days (having turned phone off and on several times) people can't hear me though I hear them fine... This is affecting business calls enormously.

Jon_K
Former EE Employee

Hi @alca.

What phone are you using?

Does this happen in all locations?

Jon

alca
Investigator
Investigator
Hi
Its a pixel 6 and seems to happen when im sitting nearest the wifi that I take calls over. The wifi runs off fibre and reception/speed is excellent.
Jon_K
Former EE Employee

Thanks @alca.

Does this happen over 4G too or just on WiFi?

Jon

bryonyvk
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Thought I would update on original issue.

Phone is still not fixed. Still having constant issues with intermittent network signal. I was able to take my phone to a store for repair, they sent it off, it came back and I was assured it was repaired. Nope. It turned out all the engineer did was download and install a software update that had appeared after I had prepared the phone for sending off. No real attempt to find and fix what we had determined is a hardware issue (determined after correspondence with EE). 

Also, would have preferred not to travel to the store to sort repair because I am still recovering from an illness and travelling made me sick (literally), so I had to make 2 trips to the store, both that made me vomit and feel extremely ill for the rest of the day, only to not get my phone fixed. Thanks... Couldn't book an online repair for pick up as the booking form had an issue with my IMEI number for some reason that we couldn't fix and nobody at EE could explain.

Was then told on the phone by EE that they would replace the handset the next day, after explaining the situation. Very helpful customer service guy. Great! Problem solved. Nope, again. Was rung back a few hours later and told because I had taken this contract with EE through a third party that they couldn't replace the handset and I would have to go direct to Apple to try and get a repair. Currently awaiting the packaging from Apple to send the phone off to them. Not very confident this is ever going to get resolved and feel pretty let down since I have been an EE customer for at least 10 years now, I suspect more like 15. I 100% won't be renewing my contract with EE when it's up after this huge hassle. I am still paying EE monthly for a phone that is pretty much unusable with no stable network connection (I have been using a borrowed old handset for last couple of weeks) and they are unwilling to do anything to help, but will happily take my direct debit every month. What a laugh.  

Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Thanks for the update, @bryonyvk.

I'm really sorry to hear of your experience and that you've been unwell. I hope Apple are able to fix the problem that you're having with your phone.

Please keep us updated with what happens.

Chris

Afsheen1
Visitor

I have exactly the same strange issue myself. Any cellular calls, after 2 minutes on a call person on the other end cannot hear me. 

I have been to an EE store where they changed the SIM but the problem continues. Very frustrating when I finally got through a long period of waiting for the doctors only for the other side not to be able to hear me! I could hear them fine. I have a Google 6a. Not really sure what I can do? Any suggestions? 

Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Good morning @Afsheen1

Does this happen in all locations?

Has the signal in your area been checked? if not you can check this using the online coverage checker.

Speak soon, 

Katie