cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

People can't hear me properly on calls & 4G issues

bryonyvk
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

For several days now when I ring people, or they ring me, they can't hear me properly on the call but I can usually hear them (although sometimes it does cut out). People have described the audio as garbled or only picking up every few words. This has caused me issues with an important medical call today. For some reason this isn't an issue when my husband calls me and he is having no issues himself and is also on EE.

I am also having 4G internet issues. When I have WiFi off and 4G on (no 5G in my area yet), my connection keeps dropping out (the same is actually happening on the WiFi too). I've had this 4G issue for several days too, but all the coverage checkers for my area say no problem and my husband has no issues with his coverage. 

I have an iPhone 13 Mini. I've tried re-setting it and was able to have a call for 2 minutes and then the audio issues started up again, so it seems like a connectivity issue ?? I've tried what troubleshoot guides I can find online but nothing has worked. 

27 REPLIES 27
Northerner
Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi @bryonyvk 

Drop into an EE store and pick up a new SIM. 

If that doesn't fix the issue then it must be your device. 

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 0800 956 6000 from any other phone. You can call Freephone +44 800 079 8586 on Skype

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 10.30pm every day.
bryonyvk
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Hi,

Thanks. If it were the device though, why is it working fine when my husband calls me but not working for others? Wouldn't it consistently be a problem? 

Also, it's difficult for me to get to an EE store at the moment. I am unwell and not near a store. 

James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @bryonyvk,

If no problems are reported by the Network Status Checker, I'd recommend selecting the 'report a problem' option so our network team can investigate.

Have you activated WiFi Calling on your phone?

James

mbdrake76
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

A couple of things to try:

1) Make sure the device is running the latest version of iOS through Settings -> General -> Software Updates.

2) Try enabling Wi-Fi Calling and seeing if that makes any difference (Settings -> Mobile Data -> Wi-Fi Calling)

If that still fails to work, I'd suggest contacting Apple Support and/or as @Northerner suggests, you might want to try a new SIM (either order a replacement through the post via the EE app, or switch to using eSIM which can also be done through the EE app, but there a number of caveats associated with that, and I'd recommend ensuring that you're running iOS 16 first if you do want to give it a go as it is rather fiddly).

bryonyvk
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Thanks for your help. I've reported the fault. WiFi calling seemed to work this morning when I rang doctors but 4G still otherwise not working, so problem not resolved. I'm more convinced it is a 4G / network issue now, although doesn't explain why my husband's phone is fine. 

bryonyvk
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Thanks for your reply. I updated everything before posting and still no joy. The WifI calling seems to work but is only a temporary solution. 4G still not working properly for calls or internet on my phone, but fine on my husbands. Would that be a Sim issue with my phone? 

mbdrake76
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

What version of iOS are you using?

bryonyvk
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

I updated yesterday to see if solved things but no change.

Currently waiting for EE to activate a new eSim, after something of a palaver (long story) and a lengthy online chat with tech support. I have a sad suspicion it's not actually going to get activated though and that I was just fobbed off after I said I couldn't easily get to a store for a new sim.  

mbdrake76
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Strange, as you should be able to activate it yourself through the EE app.  It could take a while to activate, but I found that it only took around 10 minutes, and this was all done through the app.  I know it's frustrating, but keep hammering EE tech support until it is activated.  If the eSim/SIM swap doesn't work, then it may be worth getting EE to swap the phone if it's covered under warranty or insurance, or Apple (for the same reasons).

Quite literally the only other thing I can think of right now is if you're using a case; have you tried using the phone without it?