cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No plug received with upgrade to iPhone 12

Bess1989
Visitor

I have just upgraded my phone from an iPhone 7 to an iPhone 12 mini, but I haven't received a plug for the charger - just a lead which is obviously incompatible with my old, current iPhone charger. It didn't state that I wouldn't receive the plug, so I'm unsure what to do. I'm currently on hold to EE but I'm feeling frustrated!

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Bess1989

Welcome to the community and thanks for ordering.

This is what Apple have to say about what comes in the box:

"As part of our efforts to reach our environmental goals, iPhone 12 and iPhone 12 mini do not include a power adapter or EarPods. Included in the box is a USB‑C to Lightning cable that supports fast charging and is compatible with USB‑C power adapters and computer ports."

Chris

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Bess1989

Welcome to the community and thanks for ordering.

This is what Apple have to say about what comes in the box:

"As part of our efforts to reach our environmental goals, iPhone 12 and iPhone 12 mini do not include a power adapter or EarPods. Included in the box is a USB‑C to Lightning cable that supports fast charging and is compatible with USB‑C power adapters and computer ports."

Chris

chistery
Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

You can use any charger and lightning cable though, so your old one should still work.

I would like a new charge cable and plug with my new iPhone. No one asked me if I wanted a cable I could not use. It’s not cheap so you would expect new charging cables, etc

Jon_K
Former EE Employee

Hi @Jacqi64.

Welcome to the community.

Apple no longer include plugs starting with the iPhone 12.

You should still receive a charging cable.

Jon

Ok, but it is not a cable which fits with any plugs I have so it is totally useless.  The USB is too small for the plug, I just don't understand why this was sent out?!

chistery
Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

Most people are moving to USB-C. It generally will provide faster charging times when used with an appropriate adaptor than a USB-A one. You can order a USB-A to Lightning cable for under £7 from an online marketplace that delivers next day, or other shops are available.

It may not be what you want to hear, but your beef is with the phone manufacturers here.