cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New iPhone won't connect to cell service or internet. Help?

mangoberry
Investigator
Investigator

Recently got new iPhone SE (2nd version), set it up using the new SIM card sent to me. However, it won't connect to cell service or the internet, so is completely unusable. My old phone is still up and running and connected to everything. Is this why? How do I fix it?

6 REPLIES 6
Northerner
Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi @mangoberry 

Where did you get your iPhone and is it unlocked? 

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 0800 956 6000 from any other phone. You can call Freephone +44 800 079 8586 on Skype

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 10.30pm every day.

Hi, I ordered it as an upgrade from My EE. I'm not sure what unlocked means in this context? During the set-up process nothing came up urging me to unlock it. Just synced up with my old phone.

@Northerner Hi, I ordered it as an upgrade from My EE. I'm not sure what unlocked means in this context? During the set-up process nothing came up urging me to unlock it. Just synced up with my old phone.

@Northerner I checked on EE and it says it is unlocked. I'm wondering if part of the issue is I ordered this phone and new contract back in late November. And haven't been able to actually set the phone up till now due to being very seriously ill. It seems that my new contract automatically started up in December, but with my old phone since I was still using it. Is this part of the issue? Concerned I may not be able to use new phone at all

Hi @mangoberry 

If your iPhone is unused then it shouldn't be a problem. Have you made sure the software is up to date and tried resetting the network settings? 

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 0800 956 6000 from any other phone. You can call Freephone +44 800 079 8586 on Skype

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 10.30pm every day.
chistery
Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

If your existing SIM in your old phone is still working, just put this into your new phone.