cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My iphone 14 plus gets really hot and shuts down by itself every few minutes

Angelleoniexx
Visitor

Ive had my phone for just under nine months now but this problem started 4 months ago and it's gotten progressively worse over time, to the point where I've had to go back to using my older phone. My phone will shut itself down every few minutes and get very hot for no apparent reason. At the start it would only do this after a few hours of use but now it’s every few minutes. Ive been using my older phone for two months now and just tried my new phone again and the problem is still there. Im just wondering if anyone knows why this is happening and what i should do because i haven’t had a problem like this on any phone I've had before. Thank you

2 REPLIES 2
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Angelleoniexx  It’s getting hot because the battery is being used heavily.    Have you tried factory resetting the device ?   iOS 17 has been known to cause battery drain and with you using it you don’t say what you are doing it will be using the battery more heavily.  It’s shutting down because it’s too hot and it’s protecting itself

KaiserD92
Explorer

I also have an iPhone 14 Plus and can honestly say i've never come across this issue but it sounds like its a heavily used device, if its still within Apple's warranty period i would take it to Apple or to EE themselves to have it looked at. iOS17 is known to have some issues as far as battery drain goes but they seem to be ironing those out with every software update but without more information about device usage its hard to diagnose the issue.