cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Move data plan from old  watch to new  watch

markirwin
Explorer

Hi

I am looking at upgrading my  watch series 3 to the new series 6.

I currently have a data plan on my series 3, can I swap it to my new  watch series 6 or you you have to cancel it on my old watch and set up a new one on my new watch?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@markirwin  When you reset the old Apple Watch you just click keep data plan then when you setup the new watch you restore that data plan. 

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@markirwin  When you reset the old Apple Watch you just click keep data plan then when you setup the new watch you restore that data plan. 

It’s not a solution, I got my series 6 yesterday and after having this trouble with series 3 &4 thought I would be clever and phoned tec support and go through the whole process with them holding my hand. The guy was very helpful and supportive but the end result is the same error 003 and now no LTE on my watch. The tec support are hampered with a crap system provided by EE. It takes about a week to sort going on the last two times. 

You're correct its not the solution

I tried to change over from a seres 3 to the series 6 and came across the same code, to call EE on 150 and tell them the code 003.

When calling EE on 150, there is no option for  watch so selected the technical help.

They walked me through the process which is basically canceling the cellular plan currently linked to my old watch and providing a new plan for my new watch even they said its not as simple as it should be!

You need the Imei number of the watch which in printed on the box. Too small to read so take a photo. Call 150 tech support and tell them error code 003. They will need to replace the Imei number of the watch and will ask you for the Imei of the new watch. Once that’s done click the Cancel button on the EE message on the phone (the page that asks you to call 150). On the next page click the button to continue setting up the mobile plan and you will get a message that the new plan will be activated in 4 hours. You can continue through the rest of the phone setup process now.

@bkup  I think they’ll be sorted now as this thread is from 2020. 

Thanks @Chris_B . I had the issue this morning and couldn’t find an answer so thought I’d share after I had it sorted. 

You would have hoped after all this time, they would have automated that or made it self service. 

Looks like yet another call to 150.

RichieN
Explorer

Absolutely ridiculous that this is still not fixed. Just upgraded my watch and am getting the 003 error.

@RichieN  issues can do happen nothing is ever going to be 100% fool proof.