cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile hotspot not working

Hope971
Visitor

Since getting my new IPhone 13 pro in September my hotspot does not work. It does not show up when trying to connect any other device to it 

4 REPLIES 4
mikeliuk
Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Hi @Hope971 ,

Have you already tried the steps at the below link?

https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT203302

If you can't connect to Personal Hotspot with Wi-Fi

On the device that provides Personal Hotspot, go to Settings > Personal Hotspot, then follow these steps:

1. Make sure that Allow Others to Join is on. 
  2. Remember the device's Wi-Fi network name and password that appear on this screen. If you want to change the Wi-Fi network name, learn how to change your device name.
  3. If you're using an iPhone 12 model or later, turn on Maximise Compatibility. Then try connecting your devices to your Personal Hotspot again.
  4. Stay on this screen until you connect your other device to the Wi-Fi network. 

On the device that needs to connect to Personal Hotspot, follow these steps:

1. Turn Wi-Fi off and back on.
  2. Make sure you connect to the correct Wi-Fi network. The network name will be the same as the iOS device providing Personal Hotspot, and the Personal Hotspot icon may appear next to it.
  3. If you see a password error when you try to join Personal Hotspot, check the Wi-Fi password: on the device that provides the Personal Hotspot, go to Settings > Personal Hotspot to see the Wi-Fi password.
-- 
Contract SIM: Plan | Data | Usage | Check Status | Abroad | Chat | SMS | APN | PM
Wired: Check Speed | Test Socket | Faults | fast.com | speedtest.net
Mohannadqandil
Explorer

They waiting till you pay the money after that you get rubbish network 

Always keep lying to us  what you’re written above, because if this service, and until I find alternative solutions, I’m gonna leave EE, for good, 4 years customer for them, I don’t know what happened to them last year, even my unlimited internet been chaneged to 120 gb. 
cheeters 

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Mohannadqandil 

I am sorry to hear this. 

Does your data show as unlimited in your EE app? 

Are you unable to use your device as a mobile hotspot? 

Leanne.