Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost paired Apple Watch mystery

kiltiegirl
Contributor
Contributor

Hi all, I’m looking for advice please?
I purchased my watch through EE and it was paired to my phone. 
I am disabled and am rarely out, but when I do go out its handy that my family can track me easily with my watch.

My watch is set to mimic my phone and is a fall detector, invaluable for me as I have severe epilepsy.

I had taken my son out locally at Halloween.
When I got home I immediately realised my watch was missing.
When we tracked it, it showed up as being at our home - then suddenly a couple of hours later it was untrackable.

We tried everything, calling it, making noises on it.  We have literally turned our house upside down, sure that it must be somewhere.

I’m now not able to erase it, as it's untracable on all of our devices.

I have a monthly watch plan, but no watch but continued to believe it must be here.

Unfortunately I've been really poorly, in hospital with pneumonia and sepsis, so I've never dealt with the issue.

I’m not sure what I do now as after 5 years with EE, all my family and I have never had any problems.

I feel so silly, there are so many fail safes on our devices, yet after only a couple of months of owning my watch, I've lost it - at home!!!!

It was becoming such a valuable tool to ensure my safety and I am embarrassed about the whole thing.

Where do I go from here? I still have the original box, so all the serial numbers etc should be available but I’m not sure who to contact.

I’m not confident speaking on the phone as I have cognitive impairments so that does not help.

Can anyone advise or offer some guidance 🙏 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @kiltiegirl,

Please take a look at How do I make an insurance claim?

It will tell you everything you need to process your claim and includes a link to start your claim online.

I hope this helps, but please let us know if you have any further questions.

James

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Christopher_G

Hi @kiltiegirl

I'm really sorry to hear that you've lost your watch. It sounds like you've tried everything that we would usually recommend to find it. 

How long is left on your plan? Do you have any insurance that may cover it? Household/insurance through your bank or anything?

Chris

Hi Chris, thank you for responding.

I took the standard plan and Ive only had it a couple of months.

I take out insurance with EE on all our devices so I’m assuming I did with this too. I’m just not sure how I proceed.

I’m not best equipped right now to deal with things that are complicated and thats why Ive just let it go this long!

I don't even know how to check the insurance and how to move forward.

James_B

Hi @kiltiegirl,

Please take a look at How do I make an insurance claim?

It will tell you everything you need to process your claim and includes a link to start your claim online.

I hope this helps, but please let us know if you have any further questions.

James

Hi @James_B - thank you so much for your time and fingers crossed I get it sorted! ✌️

Hi @James_B and @Christopher_G 

Thank you for your time and patience.

Just the fact that you heard me out and never thought I was daft for not knowing how to proceed gave me the confidence to deal with the situation.

In fact all credit to EE, although my insurance only covered damage and I had to pay a large lump sum to end the contract - they were really kind about it.

In light of my loyalty (all of our devices are with EE and have been for 5 years), they actually managed to make a horrible situation better! 
My 11 year olds contract is up in February, but Ive bought him a new Apple Watch (he loved mine!!!) for his birthday on Xmas Eve so I hadn't considered an upgrade.

The lovely lady who dealt with my watch issue, empathised with my situation and she got me a great deal on an early upgrade: The latest handset, the same monthly rate, no upfront cost and more data.

So now that Ive dealt with it, a weight has been lifted and EE turned a pretty costly, unpleasant situation into a really positive experience.

So, thanks again guys!

Jon_K
Former EE Employee

Thanks for letting us know you had a good outcome to this and got sorted, @kiltiegirl 🙂

I hope your 11 year old loves the watch and has a good birthday.

Jon