cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with my new iphone 14

adeiadey
Explorer

Good day 

I got iphone 14 yesterday and it's has been giving me a serious headache the connectivity is very bad both the wifi and hotspot, quick battery drain and overheating. I call the help line customer care to how to return and probably get iphone 13 pro back don't mind if it's going to attract extra charges because I have been using 13 pro max and is very okay.         d

Thanks 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Gemsyyyy
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Prob best going in store to apple you will be seen quicker 

View solution in original post

23 REPLIES 23
adeiadey
Explorer

Please I wil appreciate if I can get a quick feedback from the the right source about the iphone 14 u got yesterday that is giving me headache. Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeee

@adeiadey   not much anyone on here can do, you would need to speak to customer services, or the place you got the phone from.

Gemsyyyy
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Prob best going in store to apple you will be seen quicker 

@adeiadey  The device will get hot as it’s doing a lot of background indexing so using a lot more battery power. The heat is caused by the battery draining quicker. This is normal on any new device that you receive and set up the first time and move your information over.  It’ll remain like this for around 24 hours.    Have you tried a network reset on the device?  Yes it’s a new device and it shouldn’t need to have that done to it but it doesn’t hurt to give it a go.  I’ve had to do that after a software update on a device that had no issues prior to that update.  

TheBud13
Contributor
Contributor

I have just upgraded to an iPhone 14 plus. and changed the plan as it was a better plan than the existing one. but when I received the phone. I set it up from my last backup the day before of my 13 pro max which was working perfectly. But with this 14 plus won't let me TEXT or CALL and only allows me to use the internet when I'm in a wi-fi area. there's NO 5G.

Jon_K
Former EE Employee

Hi @TheBud13.

When you disconnect from WiFi, do you have a signal on the phone?

Have you tried restarting your phone?

Jon

NO I don’t have any signal.

Can’t call anyone either.
I have been a customer with EE for 12 years since 2010 I have NEVER had this problem.
Jon_K
Former EE Employee

Thanks @TheBud13.

Did you receive a new SIM card with your new phone?

Does your old SIM card fit in your new phone? If so, can you use that?

Jon

the old SIM is the in the new phone. I just transferred it from the old iPhone where it worked perfectly before the upgrade. where I was on a SIM £25. BUT I've had that number a long time with other contracts