Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Plan not visible in iPhone Settings

stevendarby
Investigator
Investigator

Hello,

I’m on an EE SIM only contract and on my iPhone SE 2020 on iOS 14.5.1, I can navigate in the Settings app to Mobile Data and see as in the attached picture. It contains details about my specific plan and a breakdown for the current billing period and previous billing period. 

On my partner’s iPhone 8 on same version, also on EE SIM only, she does not see this. Instead it’s a generic breakdown referring to a ‘current period’ which has to be manually reset and without knowledge of her data plan. 

My understanding this is a network feature and isn’t visible on some networks but we’re both on EE. Does anyone know common reasons why this might not appear and how to fix it? Thanks!

923396FC-0D94-4006-B01C-837F1ABA0F1C.png

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@Chris_B @Leanne_T @XRaySpeX 

If you were interested to know the resolution of this…

After erasing my phone, setting up as new, as well as getting a network settings update issued by EE, I still had this feature. So I had a hunch that it was something to do with my SIM card- which I’ve carried across a few phones and was probably in place during the iOS 11 beta. 

So I ordered a new SIM card. New SIM card = data plan no longer visible. 

So, I got to the bottom of it to satisfy my curiosity at the expense of a handy feature 😄 

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

Your phone has no idea of your specific EE plan. That's in your MyEE.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

Sorry, but you clearly don’t know what you’re talking about so I’m not sure why you decided to jump in with a very unhelpful response. 

I literally posted a screenshot showing that my phone is aware of my plan. There is integration between the network and iOS and this feature has been there for a few years now. 

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @stevendarby

Thanks for coming to the community. 

I have the latest software and don't have this information showing, is your partner on a business or personal contract? 

Are you part of the Apple Beta Software Program?

Thanks 🙂

Leanne.

@stevendarby  How have you got that ? That hasn’t been seen iOS 11 ( I think ) and only when it was in beta,     That’s not been seen since.   Do you have any Apple profiles on your device?  You’ll find these in Settings>General>Profile.  

When you got this device did you restore from any iOS backup ?  

@XRaySpeX that is exactly what @stevendarby says it is.  

Sorry, @Chris_B , what is exactly what the OP says it is?  Both you & @Leanne_T  seem to agree with what I said.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

@Leanne_T @Chris_B 

Interesting! I’m not currently part of the beta program and don’t have a profile installed - haven’t for some time. I have been in the beta program in the past and yep this phone has been restored from a backup. So it seems like an old discontinued feature has somehow stayed. I guess I’ll count myself lucky?

Attached another pic showing it knows my billing cycle too. 

BDF4A9F8-DE7A-4CA2-BD2E-0AEF363289EC.png

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Thanks @stevendarby

It may be worth speaking to Apple to get some further information 🙂

Let us know how you get on. 

Leanne.

@XRaySpeX   What is being shown within the settings of @stevendarby iPhone is the data allowance of their EE tariff.    What is showing within the my EE app is also showing within the device settings of their iPhone.  This was a once available in a iOS beta and that’s something I don’t believe you’ve ever used.         

You didn’t understand what was being asked so I have to say why reply to the question as you don’t know what was being asked. And I’ve not agreed to what you’ve said because I know exactly what @stevendarby was asking. 

@stevendarby   You’ve got something that a few iOS 11 beta users request back.    

@Leanne_T   it’s a EE network feature that somehow integrates with iOS.   It’s not an Apple feature as Apple will not known your tariff or allowance of that tariff.  

if I remember correctly it was something about my EE working with iOS 11 beta and putting the account information within the device settings. It never made it past the beta stage.    This is something you need to put in front of the tech chaps to find out why and how @stevendarby  has got this