cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call charges from Apple Watch paired plans

NONO10
Investigator
Investigator

Is anyone getting charged for calls when using cellular with an Apple Watch paired plan 30d?

I have been getting charged recently - even though I have an unlimited plan on the same account.

17 REPLIES 17

Thank you. I've not had a connection issue with the apple watch so I don't think this is the problem.

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

This does advise steps to check the watch is still paired correctly @stephanie1001 

If this is, please get back in touch with our tech gurus on 150 to get this looked into in more detail. 

Leanne.

Sssssssddddd
Investigator
Investigator

Same has happened to me - I got refunded for the third time today but told I will not get refunded for watch only calls again. The watch contract clearly says minutes will be deducted from the phone allowance, not charged extra. I think it depends who you you get through to at EE whether you get refunded or not. Either way it’s a real pain, but fortunately I rarely make calls on the watch.

Leanne_T

Hi @Sssssssddddd 

Thanks for coming to the community. 

Did you purchase the Apple Watch from us or a third party? 

When you make calls from the watch does this show as the phone number or a different number? 

Leanne 🙂

Hi Leanne
I bought it some years ago from John Lewis. It shows its own number when I make calls from it.
Simon

Sent from my iPhone
Leanne_T

Thanks @Sssssssddddd 

Do you have the 30 day data watch plan active on your account? 

Leanne.

I have a Business Smart Watch 36m account

Sent from my iPhone
Leanne_T

Thanks @Sssssssddddd 

If this happens again, please get back in touch with the business team to get this investigated in more detail to see what could be causing this and they can let you know the next steps to get this sorted 🙂

Leanne.