cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple watch bought from Apple.

Thepostie1
Explorer

We are about to purchase a cellular apple watch but just wanted to know if we can use the same number as our iPhone? We were told it would cost £5-7 a month and you will get a new number for the watch but we do not want a new number as we would like to use the same number as the iPhone. 

4 REPLIES 4
Northerner
Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi @Thepostie1 

What you were told is correct, you pay a fee for a new number. You cannot have the same number. 

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 0800 956 6000 from any other phone. You can call Freephone +44 800 079 8586 on Skype

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 10.30pm every day.
Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Thepostie1 

The Apple Watch will have its own mobile number for billing purposes. The calls that got through it will be from/to your mobile phone number.

Chris

Thanks all for the confirmation. I think we give the cellular watch a miss then as it seems a bit pointless if you have to have another number. 

@Thepostie1  It has its own number as it has its own data allowance and that has to be billed against that number.   The watch will use the same number as the phone as it’s linked at account level to receive/make  calls/texts when the phone number that’s in the iPhone is called or text to/from  

I have an Apple Watch and that rings when someone calls my iPhone.   I can also make calls/text from the watch and the receiver see my phone number as it if was from my iPhone.