cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battery warranty

busdennis
Investigator
Investigator

So my iPhone 11 is less tha 18 moths old with 8 months contract remaining. The phone is almost unusable due to the battery last only hours with minimal usage, every battery saving mode is switched on.

is the battery covered in any warranty and who should I be contacting? Thanks in advance

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
busdennis
Investigator
Investigator

Interestingly for future peeps wanting information the phone had a routine update and battery problem’s solved 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
busdennis
Investigator
Investigator

Only a few hours lol

Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @busdennis 

I've found a really helpful Apple help page on battery life. Please have a look, it may help improve this a bit for you.

Chris

S4MUR441
Contributor
Contributor

You can check the battery health under settings -> battery -> battery health & charging. If the battery capacity is between 80% - 90% that's absolutely normal and it could indicate that there are some settings or apps that are draining your battery, i.e. a rouge app that's doing something in the background or Apple's frequent locations setting is on. 

You can check the former in the same batter settings and the latter in settings -> privacy & security ->  location services -> system services.

Batteries are considered consumables and deteriorate over time. Usually, you can expect the battery capacity to drop around 10% each year. 

If the battery is much less than that it may be faulty. Apple runs recall programs on a variety of parts/products so it's worth checking it as well. 

The best starting point would be to contact Apple Support and see what they say. 

busdennis
Investigator
Investigator

Interestingly for future peeps wanting information the phone had a routine update and battery problem’s solved 

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Thanks for coming back and letting everyone know @busdennis 

Leanne 🙂