cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Watch series 9 can't set up mobile service

cst1973
Investigator
Investigator

Hello – I have a new Apple Watch Series 9 (bought directly from Apple) paired with an iPhone 13 Pro – both updated to the latest software – and can't set up the mobile data. I've had a long chat last night with tech support on 150 with a promised callback at 9am this morning which never happened. I initially had an error 003 message when trying to replace my old watch with the new in the setup. A second tech call helped by removing the watch data plan in the watch app which seemed to avoid the 003 error but now I am stuck with an EE screen with says:

"Your Smart Watch has had a problem downloading the eSIM, click "Done" below to try the download again.

It can take up to 4 hours. Your phone will notify you when the activation is complete"

This was more than 8 hours ago and I just can't bear to spend another hour on a call to 150. Please help!

14 REPLIES 14
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@cst1973  You are doing this with Wi-Fi switched off on both devices? 

Hello,
Yes I’ve seen a reply on another similar problem that suggests turning WiFi off on both devices so have tried that with no luck either.
James_B
EE Community Support Team

Have you had any luck getting it connected @cst1973?

James

Hello,

no luck – I've tried turning of both devices this morning and reattempting setup with wifi off without success – same message as above, followed by a pop-up saying "unable to configure plan".

I really expect something like this to work seamlessly – I don't really have the time to mess about online and on the phone chasing a solution, I will look now to cancel the mobile data plan as it's really a rarely used but sometimes nice to have extra at £7.99 a month.

James_B

Hi @cst1973,

I'm sorry to hear you are still seeing an error message.

This will need to be looked at by our Technical Support Team.

James

Hi James – is there another way to get technical help without calling? – I have Aspergers and have difficulty with phone calls, I've tried twice to resolve on the phone and found it incredibly frustrating and uncomfortable – with no disrespect to the technical team who are very patient.

The fact that I am also forced to call to cancel the data plan is also frustrating!

James_B

Hi @cst1973,

Sorry, our mobile tech team are only available over the phone. Is there a friend or relative that could have a chat with them on your behalf? (You'd just need to answer a couple of security questions first)

James

This is humiliating.

James_B

I understand this has been a frustrating experience @cst1973

As resolving this error requires access to your account, I'm afraid it isn't something we can help with via the community forum.

James