cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Watch Ultra 2 Help

Chappy_4412
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, can anybody shed some light on what to do please, I ordered the Apple Watch Ultra 2 on a paired plan 4gb data shared number with my phone so I can use it when out and about without carrying my phone, I received the watch today, set it all up, the watch prompted me to link a cellular plan, I logged into EE via the Apple Watch app and it is saying I need to pay £7pm for a paired plan? I also received a new SIM card, I tried that in my phone but it is a different number, I rang EE to start a return as it seems too complicated , but can anyone point me in the right direction to link it to my phone? 
thanks

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Chappy_4412   It sounds like the tariff for the watch hasn’t been applied correctly.   You should never see the £7 tariff unless you got the watch elsewhere yourself.   You need to call customer services about this.    You also shouldn’t be sent a SIM card.   

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Chappy_4412   It sounds like the tariff for the watch hasn’t been applied correctly.   You should never see the £7 tariff unless you got the watch elsewhere yourself.   You need to call customer services about this.    You also shouldn’t be sent a SIM card.   

Thanks very much for your reply @Chris_B , I will give them a call tomorrow to get it sorted, when I ordered it over the phone the lady said it was straight forward to set up, technology for you! I’ve tried a couple of times on live chat to ask but they didn’t understand what I meant, fingers crossed be easily sorted 

Chappy_4412
Contributor
Contributor

Hi @Chris_B

I rang 150, however they have no record of the watch on my account, the cs operator was quite rude to me, insisting that I need to pay £7pm for the data plan and that the watch must have been purchased on a separate account, (it isn’t, I’ve checked the account number on the order page I received after ordering over the phone) and it is definitely my account number, I asked to speak to someone else as I couldn’t quite understand her and she got very rude, in the end I put the phone down, 

how have EE gotten this wrong? 

Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Chappy_4412

Thanks for getting back to us. 

Did your order this through your EE account online?

Your account should have a trace of this, and your Apple Watch contract should be available to view now you have received your watch. 

Speak soon, 

Katie

Hi @Katie_B 

I ordered over the phone, 

account doesn’t show anything on my page, all the correspondence I have that got sent to me as confirmation has all my correct information of my account number etc, 

The cs operator this morning said the only new thing on my account was an upgrade to my daughters sim only contract that I sorted out yesterday, 

I'm very confused, 

Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

That's strange @Chappy_4412

I'd recommend giving us another call and asking the team to do a search for your order. 

If you could also provide other details such as email address etc they may be able to pull up your order this way. 

Katie

@Chappy_4412  Enjoy the new free watch.    Take out the £7 a month roll contract.   You’ve tried to get this resolved and customer services don’t what to know.       

@Katie_B  I’ve tried numerous times to get it sorted, it’s just very frustrating having to explain to various people via live chat, calls, I’ve provided my account number, email address that i use for my EE account (which is the same one I used over the phone to place the order), I have an email confirmation of the watch being ordered with account number listed as correct, so I’m not sure how they can’t trace the order, 

@Chris_B  haha I was tempted to say thanks for the free watch after my last call to cs, knowing my luck they’ll probably accuse me of theft, if I’ve not heard anything or suddenly a new direct debit appears in my bank for the amount of the monthly payments on my next bill date, then I’ll just add in the £7 pm and live happily ever after 😂

I’ll post an update if anything happens,