cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

All incoming calls are diverting to voicemail

Jai163
Investigator
Investigator

Has anyone else experienced this recently? all my incoming calls have been diverting to voicemail. on the call list it says 'call answered on another device. I turned everything like focus and voicemail off. Turned off all my other devices like my Apple Watch and Mac. completely restarted my phones from scratch to see if it helps. Also switched to a physical sim and put the sim into a different phone and yet it's the same thing. All incoming calls are diverting to voicemail. EE Customer Services have been about as much help as I can expect. they've refreshed the line etc and gone through trouble shooting.  Someone yesterday at EE said they actually knew of this issue and it's an ongoing problem and it'll take a few weeks to fix. I called up today to find out how I'll be notified if and when it'll be fixed and the person I spoke to today had no idea what I was talking about. just went through the same trouble shooting as so many others have. add to the face you have to wait 20/30 minutes just to talk to someone its getting ridiculous now.

14 REPLIES 14
JadeGrey
Visitor

I’m having the same issue. I’ve tried everything! I do have a watch. “Answer calls on other devices” is switched off. I’ve tried unpairing the watch. I’ve tried removing it from iCloud etc. Did anyone ever get this resolved? I’ve been on the phone to EE and they asked me to do a 2 way sim swap. Seems to follow the device rather than the sim! 

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @JadeGrey

Thanks for coming here. 

Does this happen with all calls?

Have you tried factory resetting your phone, after backing up your data? 

Leanne 🙂

Hey! Sorry I forgot I asked a question on here. I managed to get this fixed and I know what’s happening. Firstly don’t bother asking anyone on here. It’s absolutely next to useless. It’s either a bunch of know it alls who don’t actually know anything or it’s banal questions like the last person who replied to your list asking you if you turned it on and off again. 

Here’s what worked for me. Call technical help on 150. Tell them that you need to speak to the 2nd team because your Apple Watch number and your phone number have crossed wires. Someone on the 2nd team will know exactly the problem because it’s happened before. For whatever reason regular tech support haven’t been updated with this issue. Just make sure to tell them exactly that. Calls answered on another device. 

Hi,

Yes I did manager to get it sorted after speaking to number of people at EE, what happened in my situation was an old watch I had which is no longer used had a mobile number, but because I wasn’t using it EE had resold this number and when it was reactive all my calls were going to that number, so someone else was actually answering my calls.

Hope you get sorted!

Sent from my iPhone
Vimmy_Clara
Visitor

I looked for this on various websites including youtube and solved it using to disable do not disturb mode.