cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding an Apple Watch to plan

Bill778
Investigator
Investigator

I’m trying to add an Apple Watch to a sim only plan. I’ve selected a plan that uses the same number as my phone, however on checkout I need to either transfer my number to the new sim (with a pac code) or get a new number (and lose my existing number)

Which option do I select, do I need to transfer my number number with a pac code but will this affect my existing number/plan at all?

6 REPLIES 6
Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Bill778 

Thanks for coming here. 

Do you have the Apple Watch already and need to add a data plan to use a cellular connection? 

Leanne 🙂

Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Bill778  At check out select the other option, with what you are selecting it thinks that you want to transfer a number to EE from a different network.      Trust me, I was confused by this when I first did this then I realised what I was actually doing. The wording is very poor on the online form,   You are not transferring a number to EE. 

@Leanne_T I have a sim only contract and I’m looking at adding an Apple Watch to my existing plan (purchasing the watch through ee), it’s when I go to check out and this screen displays

Do I have to select the ‘get a new number option’, and if I do that will my watch still have the same number as my phone?

IMG_2600.png

@Chris_B perfect thank you, and if I select ‘get a new number’ do you know if my watch will then have the same number as my phone?

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Bill778 

If you select 'Get a new number' this will be used for billing and when setting up the watch with your iPhone the watch will connect to the existing number 🙂

Leanne.

@Bill778   Yes it will as it’s linked at account level,     The watch will use your iPhone number for calls/texts.    The watch will have its own number for billing and the data allowance that the watch has.     You also want a personal plan.