cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4G not working

KariT92
Investigator
Investigator

4G has disappeared from my phone. Mobile data is showing on. Have turned it on and off, and airplane mode, and the phone. Not working inside or outside or anywhere. Help please! 

7 REPLIES 7
Northerner
Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi @KariT92 

• Are you on a pay monthly contract or PAYG?
  • Are you in the UK.
  • Have you checked data is active on your device.
  • What device do you own.

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 0800 956 6000 from any other phone. You can call Freephone +44 800 079 8586 on Skype

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 10.30pm every day.

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly! I’m a monthly contract, iPhone 11, Unlimited data and in the UK yes. Have checked connection issues in my area and 0 reported

bristolian
Legend
Legend

Is your phone showing no coverage at all? That would cause problems with calls, texts & data.

Or is it showing 2G/3G service? Do you know of any other EE users locally who are having similar issues? How did you check for local issues?

Hi! Calls and texts are going through, the staggered bars are at the top corner, however as soon as I turn Wi-Fi off the 4G symbol is not showing up and I can’t access anything internet related and iMessages turn to text messages 

I checked on the My EE app to check coverage or any issues in the area while I was on Wi-Fi 

Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Thanks for confirming @KariT92

Do you know of anyone else within your area experiencing this?

Have you tried switching mobile data off and on?

Does this happen in multiple locations?

Katie

Hi Katie. I don’t know anyone experiencing the same issue no. Have tried switching all mobile data, airplane mode, my phone on and off to no avail. It is happening all day everywhere I go. 
Contacted EE last night who refreshed network settings and asked me to reset iphone and restart my phone, both of which haven’t helped either. She said she would call me back but have had no call 

Kari 

Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @KariT92

Are you able to test your SIM in another device to see if the issue continues?

If it does there could be a problem with your SIM and I would recommend a replacement. 

Katie