cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Z fold 4 repair con artists

Guy123123
Explorer

I've had a z fold 4 for 14 months, it has a 24 month manufacturers warranty, 2 weeks ago suddenly the wifi and data connection wouldn't work it had not been dropped or come into contact with water, I took it into the ee shop they tried to master reset but couldn't because of no WiFi, it was sent for repair, a week later a woman from the ee repair center phoned me and said it has damage to the outside of the phone that invalidates the warranty she even sent me photos, the photos show a few scuffs along the side and near where you plug the cable in I told her it was sent there for a software issue and not for a few scuffs on the outside of the phone, she kept repeating herself that "it had damage" "invalidates the warranty" and if I wanted it repaired it would cost £620

2 REPLIES 2
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Guy123123  Scuffs do not invalidate a warranty that’s ware and tear.    It’s not actual device damage.   

I said that a few times to the woman on the phone but her mantra was "phone is damaged" I've looked on the community forum and there are quite a few loyal customers that EE are happy to rip off, I've only been with EE for 15 years and am spending £150 per month, I know BT/EE won't care when I take our custom somewhere else soon