cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixel 4 XL battery problem

Hydro1974
Investigator
Investigator

Just been to EE Broughton to book my pixel 4 xl in for repair. I've got ”problem reading your battery meter" it works fine plugged in on charge but doesn't hold a charge. I was told it's going to be £200 + for the repair but after he did a "virtual quote on his tablet" he said it's going to be £560. Nobody has even opened my phone to see what the problem is but my bill is £560. I've been with EE for many years but this experience has really left a bad taste in my mouth. Now I've got a £800 brick that I don't know what to do with it. Is this a normal way of doing business?

5 REPLIES 5
Northerner
Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi @Hydro1974 

You can buy another pixel device for less than that price quoted;

https://www.envirofone.com/en-gb/buy/google/search

They probably want you to upgrade, but the reality your device is not worth £800 as it's 4 years old and old tech. It's not worth repairing if it's the battery. You can maybe get a third party repairs if you search online. 

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 0800 956 6000 from any other phone. You can call Freephone +44 800 079 8586 on Skype

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 10.30pm every day.

How can he quote me £560 without even looking at it? I've been an expert vehicle technician all my adult life and I've never given a quote to a customer before I've looked at the faulty car, so how can he he give me this ridiculous quote without even looking at the cause of the problem?

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Hydro1974 

Thanks for coming to the community. 

To get this looked into and discuss your options for the repair, please call us on 150 and the team will be happy to help 🙂

Leanne.

Hi @Hydro1974 

Becase unlike a car the description can be identified without dismantling the device, which is not a easy task in itself, hence the price as it's simply not worth it becase of the age and device.  Essentially it is uneconomical to repair. 

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 0800 956 6000 from any other phone. You can call Freephone +44 800 079 8586 on Skype

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 10.30pm every day.

I acquired an original Google battery and replaced it myself for £46 🤨🙄 Think someone was trying to rip me off at the EE store 😡 Definitely left a bad taste in my mouth 😠