Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WiFi Calling with Moto G62 and G82

bluecatman
Investigator
Investigator

Hi

I am about to buy either the Motorola G62 5g or the G82 5g phone. However, due to the very poor mobile signal here, WiFi Calling is essential so I need to know for certain if it will be available on those phones. The EE website directs me to the Devices page where I see that, out of the very many Moto phones available, only 3 are shown - one of which is my current phone which is with EE and WiFi Calling works.

I came to this EE forum because the situation is very confused on the Motorola G82 5G forum page. There, a number of people have had problems even when the carrier has stated that the phone is WiFi Calling compatible. Apparently the carrier has to certify a phone for it to support WiFi Calling regardless of the fact that the phone is capable of providing the service. Neither of the phones is on EE's Devices page yet someone on the Motorola forum has been advised by EE that they do support WiFi Calling on the G82 5g.

Can anyone categorically confirm for me that, if I buy a Moto G82 5g, WiFi Calling will work on EE? And what about the G62 5g? I have not been with EE very long and am happy so far. Unfortunately if I cannot use WiFi Calling on my new phone I will have to go to another carrier where I can get it. Many thanks in advance for any advice and/or help.

10 REPLIES 10
Jon_K
Former EE Employee

Hi @bluecatman 

I can see the device guide only has three Motorola phones as you've said.

Usually if the device supports WiFi Calling, it will work on EE.

Hopefully a user who has used these phones on EE can confirm for sure. I'll see if I can ask around for a definite answer too.

Jon

Many thanks @Jon_K  I hope you can find someone.

bluecatman
Investigator
Investigator

Hi. Thanks for your email, EE. No info/solution posted yet. Presumably someone at EE is able to answer my question? My current phone is on the verge of stopping working so this is now urgent. I can't afford to buy the wrong phone so if I don't get an answer soon I will have to approach other carriers, sadly. Thank you.

James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @bluecatman,

Most phones that support WiFi Calling will work on EE, but we can only guarantee support for handsets purchased direct from EE.

James

Why cannot you support Sim only contracts? Is this a deliberate policy to ensure that we only buy phones directly from you?

I need WiFi calling so will have to move to another network!

Gareth43
Problem solver
Problem solver

I have phone bought from apple and sim only deal with EE and I have working WiFi calling if that helps ya

G Alston
iPhone 15 Pro Max
Leanne_T

Hi @Doc6 

Thanks for coming here. 

You can find full information in our How do I use WiFi calling?, Help page. 

Leanne. 

Yes, I know how to use Wifi calling! The problem is that my phone/ EE SIM combination does not support it! See your colleagues reply above.

Leanne_T

Hi @Doc6 

WiFi Calling is available to anyone with EE who has a compatible device. If your device is not showing WiFi Calling as an option you would need to contact the manufacturer, to see if this is compatible. 

Leanne.