cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Visual Service

cwo
Explorer

Is this a joke. My phone is not sending texts. I ring 150 and receive the message "Want to talk to someone? Press "1" and hang up and you'll receive a text." (Don't have to hang up - I am cut off)

I received the text which offered me various options with icons for each. I click on "Mobile Phone". Then "Tech support". Then Network problems". Some time later, I receive a message inviting me to reply with a TEXT stating either "BROADBAND" or "PHONE"

I cannot send texts!  However, my main gripe is that first option "1" in no way leads to "talking to someone". I tried again, this time clicking "2" and this leads nowhere.

Useless EE.

4 REPLIES 4
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@cwo   Have you checked your APN settings 

See THIS 

bristolian
Legend
Legend

For sending texts, check your message centre is set to +44 7958 879879

If that's correct, what happens when you try sending a text message? Is this a recent problem? Can you make & receive calls OK?

Thank you for replying. IDK what "Message Centre" is?

The problem's existed for more than a year. EE have suggested a couple of
explanations:
1. Poor network coverage/transmitter down. I live in Sale, M33. While my
part of Sale isn't great for connectivity, I can't believe thats the main
explanation.
2. The device. It's a Samsung A21S. I have two SIM cards in it (I purchase
data/minutes/texts only for one).

I am sceptical of the 2nd explanation because, when I've managed to speak
to someone at EE in the past, on most occasions they've fixed the problem -
meaning that it was network.
That's why I am annoyed that it's now not possible(?) to speak to an EE
'techie'
bristolian
Legend
Legend

If your phone shows network coverage and you're able to make & receive calls, then there's no reason text messages shouldn't send. If anything, they're more resilient to poor coverage than calls are.

An incorrect text message service centre number is the most common cause of problems sending SMS. It will be within your phone's text message settings and should be +44 7958 879879