cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using EE unlock code - Huawei Mate 20 Pro

MagicalTrevor22
Explorer

Hi all,

I'm hoping someone can help. I am trying to unlock an old phone which is currently locked to EE. I have followed the unlock instructions by providing the IMEI code and I have been given the unlock code, however I cannot figure out what to do next.

I have clicked on the link on the unlock page: https://ee.co.uk/plans-subscriptions/mobile/settings-permissions/device-unlock?status=imeierror

When I click the link for the next steps, I am taken to this page, but I can't figure out what I need to do next.

https://ee.co.uk/help/mobile/manage-use/unlock-device/unlock-an-ee-device-to-use-with-another-networ...

Am I missing something obvious?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @MagicalTrevor22 and @CazKat,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

I'm sorry to hear you're having problems generating an unlocking code online.

Please get in touch with Customer Care so a member of the team can help.

Thanks

James

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
CazKat
Visitor

I'm having the same issue trying to unlock my Sony Xperia 5II. Go  to the 'how to unlock' page, put in the IMEI, it says it's locked to EE, go to the next step, it gives me an unlock code and tells me to click the link below to unlock... click the link and it takes me back to the 'How do I unlock' page, asking me to put in my IMEI again! 

Tried on the phone itself... texted UNLOCK to 150.... went through the steps on there... go to the 'click here to unlock your Sony....' link.... clicked it, took me back to the 'How do I Unlock' page on ee... ie back to the beginning of the process again. 

Been trying to sort it for a couple of weeks! Tried on the phone itself, and on the web, got the same issue on each... just keeps going round and round in circles! 

Help! 

MagicalTrevor22
Explorer

It's a relief that I'm not missing something obvious then. Hopefully EE will sort it out a some point.

James_B

Hi @MagicalTrevor22 and @CazKat,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

I'm sorry to hear you're having problems generating an unlocking code online.

Please get in touch with Customer Care so a member of the team can help.

Thanks

James

Goobee
Investigator
Investigator

Hi,

Having the same issue using on both the app and the website. Called customer services and was advised to try via a different browser - which I did, to no avail....

Is there a solution out there..?

Chris

Leanne_T

Hi @Goobee 

Do you get an error message when trying to unlock the device online? 

Leanne 🙂

Hi Leanne,

No I never get far enough - it runs through the 'unlock' first step, then the enter emei, check device, I get the code but when you follow the instruction to 'hit the link below 'unlock your Sony device' it takes me straight back to the initial  'how to unlock your an ee device page'....

kind regards

Chris

Leanne_T

I see, thanks @Goobee 

In this case, please get back in touch with our customer care team who can complete the unlock request for you. 

Leanne.

Excellent - all sorted, thanks to you and Kevin for solving it...

kind regards

Chris

Leanne_T

Thanks for letting me know @Goobee 

Glad to hear this is sorted 🙂

Leanne.