cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlocking your EE mobile phone or device

James_B
EE Community Support Team

We often see posts in the community about phone and device unlocking. So here's a quick guide on how to get your phone or device unlocked on EE.

Here are some quick facts.

• All devices sold directly on EE since December 2021 are unlocked.

• All Apple devices have been pro-actively unlocked, you can check by texting Unlock to 150.

• All Google Pixel devices have been unlocked remotely.

• All Samsung devices launched from the Galaxy S20 are unlocked.

• Unlocking a device can now be done at anytime.

• Unlocking a device is now free of charge.

• You cannot unlock a device which is registered lost or stolen

If your device is locked, you can request it to be unlocked using the link below.

Request to unlock here

How do I know if my phone or device is locked?

For an Android device simply try a different network SIM card in your device. If it doesn’t work, it is likely that your device is locked. Text UNLOCK to 150 to check the status of your Apple device.

What is my IMEI number and how do I find it?

IMEI is your International Mobile Equipment Identity, a unique number used to identify your individual device. Made up of around 15 digits, the code is typically found behind the battery or in your device’s settings. You can also retrieve your IMEI by dialling *#06#.

I’m no longer an EE customer, can I still unlock my phone or device?

Yes, please use the new digital solution here

How will I receive my unlock code?

The new service will present the unlock details on screen, where you can request them sent in email to use later if you require. If you lose them, don’t worry, simply visit the link again and re-enter.

Important information

If we are ever unable to unlock a device due to software issues, we will contact you. We will then direct you to the manufacturer.

If you haven’t received your code within ten days and haven’t received a text saying we’re waiting for the codes from the manufacturer, please get in touch with Customer Care.

Did you know…?

Unlock codes are also known as: MEP code (Blackberry), NUC (Network Unlock Code), and subsidy PIN.

Unblocking is different to unlocking: Your phone or device can become blocked in several ways (for example, entering the wrong SIM PIN number three times in a row).

To unblock your SIM card you will need to use something called a PUK (Personal Unblocking Key) code.

For help with your PUK code see the help page >

If you have any further questions, let us know below.

78 REPLIES 78
eddieriff
Investigator
Investigator

SIM network PIN blocked. Enter SIM network PUK.

eddieriff
Investigator
Investigator

This is a Samsung S7 I'm having trouble with, I've just unblocked a Huawei P Smart with no trouble.

Leanne_T

Hi @eddieriff 

The PUK code is for the SIM card, if you request the PUK for the SIM from the other network provider and let me know if this works for you? 

Leanne 🙂

Bjf11
Visitor

Can I unlock my old s10 from my new phone or does it need to be unlocked from the actual device itself. I've tried inputting my IMEI number but it's saying there is an error and try again later 

James_B

Hi @Bjf11,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

You can fill out the form to request your unlocking code on any device, but the unlocking code must be entered on the phone itself.

James

excalibur
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi

I have the unlocking code for my 2020 galaxy j4+ but can't find info on how to proceed to unlock phone.

regards Brian

James_B

Hi @excalibur,

Welcome back to the EE Community. 🙂

When you insert a SIM card from another network into your phone, you'll be prompted to enter the code.

Hope this helps.

James

excalibur
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Thanks James

I get the unlock symbol on screen, but still get message "sim network blocked.Enter network PUK" ..well entered from sim card and that didn't work either.

🙄

James_B

Hi @James_B,

A PUK code is different to a handset unlocking code.

The network provider of the SIM you're using will be able to supply you with it.

James

excalibur
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Yes I know but on restart get the same message "sim network pin blocked etc" and get the same message after entering the PUK code ......can't think what else to do and of course can still use the phone by selecting "dismiss" and my personal pin..but not much use if vodaphone can't register the phone.

I do have my main phone on EE and thought it would be a handy phone for my grandchildren.