cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Surface Duo 2 firmware updates stopped

AbdyMcHamid
Investigator
Investigator

Hi, does anyone know what's going on with Android updates for the Surface Duo 2, mine seems to have stopped in July! I know Microsoft have released 2 updates since then! Does EE have to approve these before they get pushed out?

Android 12L just got released but no sign of it on EE

25 REPLIES 25
James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @AbdyMcHamid,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

All firmware updates are pushed to your device by the manufacturer. You'll receive a notification on your device as soon as they make it available.

James

GarethHewitt1
Contributor
Contributor

Same with me. 

Surface duo 2 is stuck on July update, and keeps saying its up to date even though there are new releases its not finding.

I'm not sure what to do. 

James_B

Hi @GarethHewitt1,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

You don't need to take any action yourself. You'll receive a notification when the manufacturer makes the update available for your device.

James

Yes. But it's stuck on July.
There have been two updates since then and none have come through. Where as
other people in the UK with surface duo 2 have got the update.
So something seems wrong?

I do agree and have the same issue as with @GarethHewitt1

I read that in the US the carrier needs to approve updates, has EE stopped approving these? It would be great to keep the phone (less than a year old) up to date especially security updates - have checked there were updates in Aug, Sept and then Android 12L in October! 

Microsoft update page

Thanks

James_B

Hi @AbdyMcHamid and @GarethHewitt1,

Have you tried contacting Microsoft support to see if they can give you any timescales for rolling out the update?

James

GarethHewitt1
Contributor
Contributor

What do you mean @James_B ?

Microsoft have already released and rolled out the android 12l update? The only thing that can be delaying that is the carrier - ee in this case? Also they released updates in august, and we still haven't got that either - it's stuck on july.

g

How do we escalate and get this reviewed by EE tech support?

GarethHewitt1
Contributor
Contributor

Yes - can we escalate @James_B? It shows you as working for ee support?

Can we escalate for some ee tech to look at, as it looks like ee have stopped, or neglected, to approve the last few months of updates from Microsoft? Everyone else on other networks seem to get the update fine. 

g