cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smart watch sim

Sihall87
Contributor
Contributor

Hey I recently got my new Samsung watch. I was also sent a sim ages ago.. do I have to put the sim into the watch if so where?. 

20 REPLIES 20
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Sihall87  you need to open the wear app on your phone and set your tariff up from there.  The watch has an eSIM in it which means electronic Sim card not a physical Sim card so you don’t need to try and put a Sim in it

@Chris_B thanks for reply. Do you mean the samsung wearable app? If so where abouts i cant seem to find any settings ...

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Sihall87

Thanks for coming here 🙂

Please see our How do I set up my Samsung Galaxy Watch 4G on EE, article for steps on setting up your watch 🙂

Leanne. 

Hi Leanne.

It's asking for a activation code or QR code which isn't on the sim that was provided?

Leanne_T

Hi @Sihall87

This should not be needed, which Samsung Watch do you have, and where was this purchased? 

Do you have a pay monthly account with us and using a Samsung phone? 

Leanne.

Yes I have the Samsung Z fold and its the Samsung galaxy 4 watch. 

I have month pay and go accounts yes

Leanne_T

Hi @Sihall87

Sorry just to confirm, do you have a monthly contract plan with us not a pay as you go that you add credit? 

Have you followed the below steps, if you purchased the watch from a third party? 

• Turn on your watch and open the Samsung Wearable app, the app will prompt you to turn on your Bluetooth - you'll then get a notification on your watch and your device with a pairing code

• Follow the steps to pair your device and watch then set up your mobile network on the Samsung Wear app to complete set up

• During the pairing don't take either device out of proximity of each other or turn off the watch or phone during the set up

• After your eSIM is set up you'll be prompted to restart your watch

Leanne. 

Yes I can confirm I have a pay monthly contract with EE.

Yes the watch pairs with my phone correct but can I not use the watch for calls when I'm away from my phone?

@Sihall87  Within the war app you need to activate the tariff for the watch.  This will actually the eSIm within the Watch.