cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sim card issues

Roobie
Visitor

I switched my phone off for an hour or two last Friday and when I switched it back on, it had gone to emergency calls only. I tired restarting it and switching it fully off and on again, but nothing worked. I went to a phone repair shop as I wanted to be sure that the phone was faulty before replacing it. The man swapped the sim card for another one and told me that it was the sim card, not the phone, which wasn't working, so I called ee and ordered a replacement. This arrived this morning, so I changed them only to find the exact same problem with the brand new one. I went to the shop again. He tried the new sim card in three different phones. It didn't work in any of them. His sim card worked fine in my phone. Now I don't know what to do next. I don't want to pay for a new phone when the one I have is working, but after a week of managing without it, I really need to be able to use it. Has anyone had a similar problem? If so, how did you resolve it please? 

1 REPLY 1
Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Roobie 

Thanks for coming here. 

Has the replacement SIM card been registered with our customer care team? 

When a replacement is sent the SIM cards sometimes need to be registered to replace the existing SIM. 

Leanne.