cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen issue on my new pixel 7

Parryr02
Visitor

Hi, purchased the new pixel through upgrade with ee. 

I'm having a really weird issue with the screen where it seems corrupt, pixelating some of the app icons on the home screen or even the entire screen if looking at images or video.

Can I get some help please? Do I need to return? No fix online for it that I could find. Must be software as its only intermittent. Picture of the screen shot attached.

Screenshot_20230617-103453.png

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Parryr02 

Thanks for coming to the community. 

I would suggest getting in touch with our tech gurus on 150, they will be able to run through some troubleshooting for this issue and help you further.

Thanks 🙂

Leanne.

Alex_M
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Hi @Parryr02,

100% software issue since you wouldn't be able to screenshot it if it was an issue with the screen itself. I'd recommend trying a hard reset on the phone, check for any updates and failing that, call 150 as Leanne suggested and return it for a replacement.

You could try the folllowing:

• Go to Settings
  • Click Display
  • Tap Screen Resolution
  • Play with the different resolutions and see if the issue goes

Cheers,
Alex

If I solved your issue, please click the solution button below!
 If you found my post useful, click the thumbs up button!
 To speak to EE, call 150 from your EE mobile or +44 800 079 8586 (freephone) or start a live chat.
Useful Links: My EE | Live Chat | Bills | Usage | Network Coverage Checker | Abroad | APN Settings | PM

Unless it's a problem with RAM, or GPU etc, then it would render like that and would appear on a screenshot. So it could be hardware.