cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Note 20 Ultra 5G EE Stock

Callum281122
Investigator
Investigator

I'm due for an upgrade on my current Samsung Note 10+ 5G pay monthly plan and cannot find any plans or deals on the EE website for the new(ish) Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra 5G phone that I require. Do EE no longer stock this phone? I'm a Samsung Note fanboy and have been with EE for over 10 years (from back when they took over orange) and have always had the Note flagships going back to the Note 4 through EE/Orange. This is a big issue for me as I'm adamant on upgrading to the Note 20 Ultra 5G considering this is rumoured to be the last ever Samsung Note and if EE cannot source this I will have no option to change to another service provider which is a shame considering the length of time ive been with EE. Can anyone help with this?

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7
Adamt93t
Contributor
Contributor

S22 ultra is a note

StopIt
Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

Do Samsung have a device for you then!

https://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone1=10261&idPhone2=11251

The S22 Ultra may be called an S22, but you don't need to look at it long to realise it's a Note 22 Ultra. Don't let the name fool you!

Square? Check

S Pen included? Check

Chonky? Check

Thanks for sending that comparison link it's good to understand the differences between the two models. Yes I understand the s22 Ultra is in essence a Note but I wanted to get my hands on the last official Note which is the Note 20 Ultra which EE don't have. Also, when I upgrade I tend to go for devices that around a year old to save on handset costs so the Note 20 Ultra fits the bill perfectly. I understand the Note range isn't as popular as the S range but I don't understand why EE simply aren't supplying this phone when I've had all my previous Notes from them?

StopIt
Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

@Callum281122 

It's because the Note 20 is now discontinued and EE won't be able to get any more from Samsung.

https://www.samsung.com/uk/smartphones/galaxy-note20/buy/

As they state, it's Not For Sale.

If anyone still have it it'll be legacy stock, sorry.

ynot68b
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Maybe find a note 20 ultra online and buy outright then just upgrade to a sim only plan. There are plenty for sale, I am currently deciding whether to sell mine privately or trade in with EE and get a monthly discount .

Oh Thank you, I wasn't aware that this phone was completely discontinued by Samsung, maybe I should of done a bit of googling before posting this subject.🙄 So my options now are to either buy the Note 20 Ultra outright through an online retailer and go on a sim only plan OR go for the S22 Ultra through an upgrade with EE. Its a shame because my love for the Note series is forcing me to latch onto the 'Note' name but in all seriousness the S22 Ultra is the same phone but better when referring to the comparisons. I think ill have no option but to go for the S22 Ultra because although I could get around £300 for my Note 10+ trade in, I cant afford the upfront costs considering its a £1K handset new. Thanks for your help guys 👍

StopIt
Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

I think in normal times they would still be making them but with shortages they simply can't make older models with the resources limited by chip supply.

If you get the S22 Ultra (I'm getting it because it looks like a Note so you're not alone here) scribble off the S on the Box and change it to Note haha.

Maybe once supply issues are fixed Samsung can launch 2 flagship devices a year like before but for now this is as close as we will get to having both I think.