Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixel watch with OnePlus phone?

Peaceful
Investigator
Investigator

Hi 

I’ve got a OnePlus handset which I’m happy with and recently got a pixel watch LTE

tried to add the esim for the watch and it added to the account, but the sim never activated on the watch

called 150, after 30 minutes the guy told me the Pixel watch is only compatible with the Pixel handset- but I’ve seen others using the Pixel watch with various handsets

The guy didn’t seem too sure about the watch esim process - was he correct that I must have a pixel handset?

thanks

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Peaceful
Investigator
Investigator

Just to close this off, EE called on time and sorted things. The watch now is connected to EE network 

Very helpful rep. Many thanks to everyone for the assistance 

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Peaceful   Are you on contract or PAYG ?  You can only have a watch on contract if you’re a contract customer as you are billed for the Watch tariff alongside your contract phone bill. 

Peaceful
Investigator
Investigator

Monthly contract

during setup it added the watchplan to my EE account, but the watch esim was stuck on ‘activating’

thanks

@Peaceful  You are doing this with Wi-Fi switched off on both devices?   

Peaceful
Investigator
Investigator

Ahhh, no. I’ll try that

do you think the EE rep was incorrect about the pixel watch only working with a pixel phone?

@Peaceful   It’s made for a pixel device and EE will only say what they been told “it only supports a pixel device” so will offer no support in order to get it working.  That’s what they mean when they say they don’t support it.     But I’ve read that it can work with No Pixel devices you just might not get everything working as it should as it’s a none pixel device 

Thanks, I tried readding the watch but after 4 hours it still shows the esim for the watch as ‘activating’

the watch works perfectly with the phone otherwise. I think something needs provisioning at EE’s end?

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Peaceful 

Thanks for coming to the community. 

Is the phone running Android 8.0 or higher? 

Leanne. 

Hi Leanne

yes, it’s running android 12. 

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Thanks @Peaceful 

Please give us a call on 150 and the team will get this looked into for you. 

Leanne.