cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixel 6 getting stuck on H+

acm2000
Investigator
Investigator

i have a Pixel 6 on Plusnet (EE network) but ever since getting the phone im finding that after disconnecting from wifi the phone will get stuck on H or H+ and never reconnect to 4G again without either rebooting the phone or resetting the the connections.

This is starting to wear thin...

So far the only fix i have found is by setting the phone to 4G only via the phone app > #'4636## > change network to LTE only

This is not a very reliable option when travelling around places that dont have good 4g reception tho.

To me this seems to be an issue with the EE operator settings file, still dated 2021-09-30

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

enter *#*#4636#*#* in the phone dialer, then phone information, see "set preferred network type" and choose "LTE/TDSCDMA/GSM"

this seems to mostly work but it can still be very lazy on getting back to 4g signals sometimes, also should save battery as no 5g

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
EssexBoyEE
Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

It needs to be set to one of the 'auto (PRL)' Setting rather than just LTE Only, something like this -

LTE/CDMA/UMTS auto (PRL)

or 

NR/LTE/CDMA/UMTS auto (PRL)

Also on the same Page go to the Menu (three dots on top or bottom of page) and Select Radio Band option and check or select it is either set to Automatic or Europe.

If your Phone is Dual SIM you will need to do the Settings for SIM 1 and 2, probably called Phone 0 and Phone 1 in these settings.

Also check the APN Settings (Access Point) are correct for a EE SIM (or each Sim if Dual SIM.)

setting the band to europe stops 4G working

the only prl one with LTE is "LTE/CMDA/EvDo/GSM/WCDMA (PRL)" which im pretty sure ive tried before but will try again.

Still the same issue, this issue is not isolated to me as you can find various people complaining of the same thing, the bug doesn't seem to happen if you have 5g enabled SIM.

So until this issue is acknowledged and fixed the best work around I've found after some experimenting is to use "LTE/TDSCDMA/GSM" which will only allow 4g and 2g, not exactly ideal but I don't see this problem being fixed anytime soon as with most things 

Thanks for this. Where do I find those settings on the Pixel 6? @EssexBoyEE

enter *#*#4636#*#* in the phone dialer, then phone information, see "set preferred network type" and choose "LTE/TDSCDMA/GSM"

this seems to mostly work but it can still be very lazy on getting back to 4g signals sometimes, also should save battery as no 5g

Carlosh
Explorer

If I do that, there is an error message that reads:

"EE Message - Connection problem or invalid MMI Code."