cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixel 6 Pro on EE

smallfish
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

So using a unlocked Pixel 6 Pro (about to return for refund to Google) on EE and notice that 4G/VoLTE calling cannot be enabled and also you can't manually switch between 5G and 4G (you are stuck with what you are given, even if it's not working correctly). EE carrier configuration supplied to Google block these settings -- at present.

EE blame Google. Google blame EE. ...Been here before?! Urgh.

Not impressed. If you have Samsung S21 Ultra and planning to swap to Pixel 6 Pro, you may be disappointed. Personally, I'd say there's too little difference, the Exynos outperforms the Tensor chip still slightly. I have more connectivity issues using the Pixel 6 than I do with the S21 U. Boo. 😞

53 REPLIES 53
Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @smallfish

Welcome to the community.

Google Pixel 6 Pro devices bought directly from EE are 4G and WiFi calling compatible. We can't guarantee that phones bought elsewhere will be compatible.

Have you spoken to our technical team, just to make sure everything is set up on your SIM from our end?

Chris

smallfish
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Sorry but isn't a helpful response.

The Pixel 6 Pro was clearly running your carrier configuration file.

Google clearly indicated that these were carrier imposed... I guess you'll find out/confirm this issue when EE purchased devices are delivered and tested... was trying to help you avoid complaints about this but never mind.

chistery
Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

VoLTE and VoWiFi work fine on a Pixel 6 Pro bought direct from Google. EE might have set VoLTE to always on for some reason, but it is working.

smallfish
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Can you change network type though, or are you tied to 5G even if you want 4G (because 5G on EE can be very flaky in my experience)?

chistery
Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

I can't. EE seem to have hidden that menu. It shows up on my Vodafone SIM.

I recently purchased a pixel 6 pro from EE and 4g calling is not working. The option is greyed out

Dial *#*#4636#*#* select phone information and under select network type select the option LTE/GSM/WCDMA. Doing this will disable 5g and leave 4g, 3g and 2g enabled

chistery
Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

@deanbone  The 4g calling option is probably disabled, but should show as enabled? Have you tried making a call and seeing if it stays on 4g?

yes I have and it does not work, the call quality is lower than what VoLTE offers, the calls are not HD, there would be a HD icon in the dallier during a call if it was. I also tried setting it to only connect to 4g and that results in calls not connecting at all. So 4G Calling/VoLTE definitely does not work.