cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't connect phone to laptop

Whatever18
Investigator
Investigator

I want to move my photos from my phone to my laptop.

When I plug my phone to my laptop using the USB, it charges but doesn't display anything about connecting with the laptop. I think a notification should be which I would click to allow the two devices to connect.

I don't know what to do!

The phone is android OPPO.

Thanks

Joanna

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Whatever18
Investigator
Investigator

Hi, thanks for the replies. I managed to do it by pulling down the notification bar, right at the bottom was an option to change from charging to transferring. Wish it had been more obvious!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Northerner
Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi @Whatever18 

On your phone it will say it's charging but you should be able to change that to media transfer, then your laptop will ask you what you want to do. 

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 0800 956 6000 from any other phone. You can call Freephone +44 800 079 8586 on Skype

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 10.30pm every day.
Hi thank you for the reply. Do you know how to change it to media transfer please?

Do you see the phone anywhere in the File Explorer of your lappy as like a separate drive probably under "This PC"? If so, your pix are to be found in the folder DCIM.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
Whatever18
Investigator
Investigator

Hi, thanks for the replies. I managed to do it by pulling down the notification bar, right at the bottom was an option to change from charging to transferring. Wish it had been more obvious!