cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nokia C2 -1 now restricted..WHY!

Pluggit
Investigator
Investigator

Had old C2, s for years now, never needed a smartphone. Just decided to get a cheap MOTO G5 and requested a replacement sim (needs nano) for it. Works fine. Didnt realise it actually "replaced" the old one - thought I could still use the old one in the old Nokia but not so. Problem is now that when I try to put the new sim back in the old C2,s(got two of them) they both show "phone restricted, enter unlock code". Why?.. they were perfectly operational before. Why has this new sim locked them out

Any help pls 

8 REPLIES 8
Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Pluggit

Thanks for coming here. 

Was the old SIM card also an EE SIM, or was this Orange, T-Mobile or another network? 

Where did you purchase the phones? 

Leanne 🙂

Hi, sim is an Orange"brought to you by EE".

Contract on-going for donkeys years. Cant understand why it doesnt recognise my Nokias now.

Think I might have stummbled on reason. New sim is 4g/5g and it sounds like it wont work in the old 3g Nokia.

Need the unlock-cde methinks...

Leanne_T

Hi @Pluggit

Thanks for coming back to me. 

If the new SIM card is an EE SIM card, the phone would need unlocked if this was locked to Orange.  

Please give us a call on 150, the team will help you get this sorted 🙂

Leanne. 

Cant speak to a real human being to sort this out. Automated system just sends me to MyEE again. 

Somebody just answer me this; I have 2 x Nokia C2-1 that I want to continue using as standby phones. They are 3G(Orange). I now know that they wont work on my new replacement 4G EE sim. All I want to do is get an unlock code to be able to use them with the new sim. Thats it. 

Does anyone have a simple straight-forward solution to this.  

Katie_B

Hello @Pluggit

I am sorry to hear you have not yet been able to speak with a member of our customer service team.

I have sent you a private message for more details. 

Katie 🙂

The private message came up on a "no reply" address - domain doesnt exist.

This really is like pulling teeth - it shouldn t be this difficult to solve simple problems.

If I cant reply to your request for details..how CAN I reply!

Katie_B

Hi @Pluggit

Have you logged into the EE Community and accessed your private messages HERE?

Katie 🙂