cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MyEE App not compatible with Xiaomi phones

abayliss
Investigator
Investigator

Recently changed phones and couldn't log on to the MyEE App.  Uninstalled it and searched the Google Play Store for it to reinstall.  It's not visible on the Play Store from my Xiaomi phone. Confirmed with ee Tech Support that it's not compatible with these phones and I can't use it.  Have to use the website instead to see my account.  Apps for other phone providers are are available to Xiaomi users, so no idea why ee have either withdrawn their app from Xiaomi, or simply haven't made it compatible.

18 REPLIES 18
James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @abayliss,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

Please see There seems to be a problem... error when using My EE app on Xiaomi phones.

Thanks

James

XiaomiAnnie
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

What an absolute disgrace.  EE have recently changed something to force you into updating, but the update fails due to continued incompatibility.  This means that the workaround of using the older working version has now been totally fukked.  The EE app technical development team should hang their heads in shame. 

I found I had this problem last week. I rang tech support who told me to uninstall/reinstall then said to contact Xiaomi when I couldn't see it in play store. Xiaomi said it was the fault of the app developer. So this morning I rang tech support again who are insistant that Xiaomi are blocking it. The guy told me to Google the app. **bleep**

Pretty sure Xiaomi aren't blocking it. The app developers just haven't
made the ee App compatible with Xiaomi OS/software. ee don't sell Xiaomi
phones, so maybe that's why they're not interested in resolving the issue.

My thoughts entirely. They are always trying to sell me one of theirs but they can bugger off. One thing I don't understand is why they are picking on Xiaomi or maybe there are other ppl out there with not so common phones that are having this problem too. Be interested to know

install aptoide store app then install my ee it works fine just done it on note 9

Cheers for that

chistery
Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

The app shows up for me in the play store on my Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra (Global) so it's not all Xiaomi phones.

Does it show up on the web version and allow you to install to your phone?

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=uk.co.ee.myee 

The link you posted says incompatable with my device

(redmi note 9 updated to android ver 11 same before on android 10)

But works fine on from aptoide store app version 4.53.0

so it looks like new app version 4.54.0 from google play store is not compatable with some devices both versions and the link work fine on my motorola g6